cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to integrate MDM and Portal UWL. I have managed to place UWL, Result set and Item Details on same page and I can see workflows and associated records.

Problem points:

1. When I click on Next Step, a small window opens up giving me a list of steps (non clickable). I click Close button to close this pop up screen but w/f doesn't move forward

2. Is it not possible to see Syndicate process (or button) in any steps? I have Syndicate as the final step but I cannot see Syndicate button.

3. I have read few blogs and pdfs, and have enhanced my mdm config xml file. But still I cannot get a list of fields siuch as MDM Status, Job id etc etc which should appear.

I am working on MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch02 HF11 - 5.5.62.63

Help on any or all of these would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharti,

The Syndicate step should be executed automatically on reaching that step in the workflow.

just check the outbound ready folder for the file once the workflow completes.

Regarding next step and the task details ,they need to be clickable and appear below the task as required if your xml is configured correctly.

There is no special setting that needs to be done to make the next steps clickable or to display the task details below the task in the uwl.

check your xml file config corrctly you must be missing on something.

You can refer the below links to under the uwl config better:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a3461636-0301-0010-3787-978f5ac8...

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Syndication should happen automatically, i agree... but in Data Mgr you need to press Perform to operate on Syndicate process. Is there a similar concept for same w/f in Portal?

I have made changes to UWL config as described but still cannot get changes reflected in my uwl. If you want I can attach uwl file and send it across...

In my w/f when I click on Next Step, another pop up gets launched and w/f doesnt move fwd for some reason. I have seen some posts which mention there is a bug with SP06 patch 02. Can gusy reply and say with which Hotfix this bug has disappeared?

Regards,

Dev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharti,

Yes there are problem with the UWL when working with the MDM SP06 patch 2 version,but those problems are basically with using two users in the workflow.The second user is unable to proceed the task to the next step.

If you are facing similar problem then you can go for the latest version MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch2 Hotfix 10 .SAp claims to sort this issue as per the SAP note 1225252.

The workflow through Portal UWL must work in the same fashion as in MDM Data manager client.

So must get enabled the Perform option in UWL as well for executing the syndiaction as in Data manager.

If not,then they could be an issue with the configurations of the file or the Patch issue as mentioned above.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto