Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Internal Server Error while running a wd application

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts in WD,

I am getting the above error while trying to run a simple wd application for getting some data from the sap system using adaptive rfc. This is my first adaptive rfc application, so I am following the exact steps as in the tutorial given. But cannot figure out why this error is coming. I am able to run another application, where no models or rfc are used. Could anybody help please?

Where am I supposed to look for the logs about why this error is happening? In the page that is displayed, there are no traces or links to any other info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

leme

PS: the web dynpro is running on port 50200 not 50000, I dont know whether that should cause an issue. Cannot think of any other differences. BTW, SLD and JCO destinations are all configured and running ok.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi l m,

The HTTP code 500 indicates internal error in your application. That could be for example a NullPointerException or something else.

If the stacktrace is not visible then you could check in the logviewer tool what is wrong.

However, perhaps the most simple way is to go to

c:\usr\sap\XXX\YYY\j2ee\cluster\server0\log

and check the latest files and lines with notepad.

Hope that helps

Peter

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks, my logviewer showed that it could not connect to the r3 server. Small mistake in the JCO settings for Group..got it now.