cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate file with Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program (ABAP, screens, GUI Status) that I would like to copy to another system that is not part of our landscape in anyway.

Is there a way to offload and package up this program in its entirety so that it can seamlessly loaded into another system with everything (screens, texts GUI Status) intact?

Thanks for any advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

Yes, that should be possible. As the system you want to push the program/screen is not a part of system landscape, what you need to do is capture the objects in a transport request. (you can do it by creating a change request in SE10, and then manually adding the required objects to this object). Then you release the request.

Then ask your Basis guys, to import the transport request to the target system. if your source system is AAA, and target system is BBB both in different landscape. when releasing your request say AAAK9xxxxx, it will create datafile & cofile at OS level. The basis guys should be able to manually copy these files to the target system BBB and then add the same request AAAK9xxxxx to import queue of BBB and import to the system BBB by STMS.

I'm not an ABAPer, but hope this clarifies your question and hope you know how to capture the objects in a transport request.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I released the requests, but the data and cofile directories are empty on my server.

In looking at the help, I see this as a possible reason. Does this mean that it does not go out to the file system?

...the request was not assigned to a target system. Customizing requests without an assigned target system are released locally, and cannot be exported.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jerry,

As you are not finding the datafile & cofile, there might be two reasons.

1. either the request was a local change request. (that means a program assigned to $TMP package, in this case, the program should be assigned to a package which has a valid transport layer)

2. if its a transportable change request, then please check if you're checking the data & cofile folder in the transport host or not. (the datafile and cofile are created in the transport directory in the path /trans/data/

/trans/cofile of the transport host)

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (0)