cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rosettanet case study

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on the lookout for a sample case study/scenario for a B2B implementation using SAP NetWeaver PI with Rosettanet.

Any help would be deeply appreaciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if there is a public case study online; but if you are looking for references then we do have a few happy customers using RNIF on XI.

If you are looking to do a demo, then you have 2 options,

1. XI to XI RNIF demo - not the best choice.

2. Use the RSTK kit, you will need to purchase it from rosettanet.com

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Why is the first one not a good choice?

How much will be the cost of RSTK kit? Is RSTK mandatory for a real world scenario?

Regards,

Earnest

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First one not a good choice, as XI unfortuantely doesn't do a lot of RNIF checks like Schema Validation etc.

RSTK from our customer site, was 1000 $ one time cost. But it is a tool that doesn't have any support and only supports a few schema's and not all schema's / PIP's.

In a real world, RSTK is not used. You will be dealing with your partner's RNIF framework.

RSTK is the Rosettanet Self Test Kit and is a test kit that allows you to simulate a source / target RNIF application that can talk to and from XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for the detailed clarification.

Will it be possible to get the customer references?

And how should I approach a potential B2B scenario from an initial proposal/demo perspective for a customer?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Customer Reference's - SAP should have a few, best is to approach them for success stories.

A demo on RNIF - basic demo is to set up a 3A4 scenario, .ie, a purchase order from ERP to Partner and Purchase order confirmation from Partner back to ERP or vice versa and then maybe a ASN using 3B2 pip.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bhavesh for all the help.

Regards,

Earnest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Could you please give me some information on the pre-requisites for getting a basic RNIF interface working?

I did go thro this great blog: and all the prerequisites on it.

Do we need anymore than what is mentioned on the above blog to setup a real time B2B scenario using RNIF?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks in advance,

Earnest A Thomas

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a Basic RNIF set up, this should be good.

But if you need SSL , Digital Signatures then that is another set up that you would need to do on your XI server.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, Thanks a Ton!

Answers (0)