Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Configuration - AAE - Monitoring

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am trying to understand how Integrated Configuration works in the runtime and things look rather neat to me with my scenario working.

But monitoring this in the RWB, few questions cropped up, which I hope someone can help answer:

1. Inbound and Outbound Payload Monitoring

When message get processed within the Integration Engine, we can see the input payload and also the output of the mapping. In the case of the Integrated Configuration, is this not possible? I don't see any new special window open and hence how is the monitoring of the various steps specifically input and output done?

2. Mapping Trace not accessible

To further analyze what is new, we put a few standard XI trace steps into the mapping to see where these traces are displayed in the runtime. We thought it would be a part of the Audit Log, but it is not. Has anyone experience with how trace (custom mapping trace using the AbstractTrace object ) can be used with Integrated Configuration or is that another limitation with PI 7.1 and the Integrated Configuration?

To me these two are major requirements as a application developer to do my development and support and hence am wondering whether to gain performance have these options been eliminated or is there some set up needed on the server which we have missed.

Thoughts , ideas welcome.

Regards

Bhavesh

PS : You know what my questions to the Subject Matter Experts at the Bangalore teched are going to be

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>In the case of the Integrated Configuration, is this not possible?

with AAE it's not possible to monitor both of them

I asked about that during teched and it's a feature...

this way it's supposed to be faster (as less persistence)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ha, thanks Michal.

My customer's are not going to like hearing this. They loved XI for the ability to monitor and read those logs and traces, but with Integrated Config, by taking it back, this is one feature I would be skeptical to use.

Btw, any ideas on the Audit Log Issue?

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

>They loved XI for the ability to monitor and read those logs and traces, but with Integrated Config,

did they complain about the speed ? if not they they don't have to use it

it's either speed or.. cake hehe:)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lol, fair enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has there been any updates on this feature.

Has SAP added any monitoring / tracing options to this feature in newer SP levels.

Thanks,

Sudharshan N A

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no...still has to monitor only through RWB

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal and Bravesh,

let me know if i caught you

you are saying that is not possible to monitor Inbound and Outbound payload of a massege when is executing in the AAE? and also i cant monitor the pipelines of the message neither??

I am proposing to use the AAE as engine to process message because as i know the Integration Engine monitoring will be deprecated in the short time, now i see this thread and you are saying that i cannot monitor the messages and its even more complicated? what should i do?

PS: do you have any specific document related to monitoring messages in the AAE. i cant found any.

Help me with this issue please, if necessary if will cancel all homologated document related to use the AAE.

Rgds

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michal can you give me a hand with this issue?

PS: related to all functionality that AAE does not have yet, do you recommend also go for AAE in scenarios where there is no mass load data, just xml with a few fields?

Rgds

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Sep 21, 2011 9:59 AM

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Regarding monitoring of different versions of the message processed by means of AAE, this is unfortunately not possible in PI 7.1x - message is persisted only once in such scenarios (after receiver/interface determination). Multiple persistence of the processed message in Java stack is only available in 7.3x - there you have options for configurable staging (property xiadapter.stage.conf of J2EE service XPI Adapter: XI) and logging (property xiadapter.logger.conf of J2EE service XPI Adapter: XI) of the message so that several versions of the message (e.g. before mapping and after mapping) can be observed (incl. these versions' payloads). Technically, it is possible to setup staging/logging for different processing steps (namely stages - analogue of pipeline services in classical Integration Engine processing) - but, as I said, in 7.3x and not in 7.1x.

Speaking about creation of custom audit log entries, did you check SAP standard AuditMessageKey and AuditAccess for this? (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/3b/6fe540b1278631e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm)

Regards,

Vadim

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so, what do you suggest??

should i go with AAE waiting to the Upgrade (about 3 years more) or go through the Integration Engine to have a better monitoring?

the only way, if i decided to go with AAE in create a custom module that allow me to add an entry in the Audit Log like this blog of Michal /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/04/28/pixi-target-message-logging-with-local-aae-not-possible-not-anymore

Is possible in PI7.3 migrate (in an automatically way??) the interfaces that actually are executed in the Intergation Engine to be executed in the AAE.

PS: do you have a how to... monitoring related to AAE??

Rgds

RP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

see previous post please

Rgds

RP

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bringing it to the top in the hope for answers.

Regards

Bhavesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good observations Bhavesh. Once you get them answered.. please share with the community too..!!

VJ