Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 Integrated Configuration for AAE - Issue Accessing Attachment

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

PI 7.1 in its new features allows access to the Attachment using UDF's withing Graphical Mapping.

Tried this feature and works good in Graphical mappings; am able to access the Attachment; and write it into a Field on my target. This works with the standard XI pipeline steps of passing message from AE to IE back to AE.

When trying to use the same set up with the Advanced Adapter Engine, - Integrated Configuration; this feature doesn't seem to work and the mapping run time triggers a Null Pointer Exception.

None of the SAP documentation discusses this as a limitation of AAE and hence am wondering if this is a bug or is this a limitation? Has anyone on the forum tried this?

Regards

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I also tried this scenario long back when PI7.1 was in Rampup mode. We tried and first part was working fine as you also written, but in second part we got stuck. After some research, we found that we cannot configure additional communication scenarios that contain, for example payload-based routing or a message split, with Integrated Configuration. You must define separate receiver determinations, interface determinations, and communication agreements to configure communication scenarios of this type. We can only configure communication scenarios where message is transfered withing AAE.

MAy be you need to check the receiver interfaces and Mappings or may somthing missing there.Also check for authorized Service User.

Possibilities are like something missing is in Integrated Configuration but not sure.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aashish,

I do know of the limitations of the AAE in XPath and Multiple Receiver / Multi Mapping issue.

But it also looks like the attachment access is also a issue as this doesn't seem to be working when the same mapping works on the central Integration Engine with a standard XI configuration.

Guess its either a bug or a no feature support. Will keep informed about my findings, thanks for the reply.

regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bringing it to the top in the hope for answers.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

We had the same issue in a scenario a few weeks ago, the access to Attachments worked

but only for standard configurations and not for the advanced adapter engine.

We opened an OSS Ticket and it s still in work, i guess there will be soon a patch released, that's

my last information on that.

With best regards

Sebastian

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Thank You for the update. Much appreciated.

Do let us know the patch / note that is published towards the same issue.

Regards

Bhavesh

adam_smith7
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Old thread , I know - but Im now running into exactly the same issue. Can anyone say if there was a solution / note for this?

( To remind: Im trying to convert an attachment to base64 string in a java mapping using integrated configuration. ive achieved my requirment when using the traditional configuration with message mapping as well as java mapping, but when I try to do the same using the java-only IC , then it looks as though the attachment is not accessed. )

Regards

Adam

Answers (0)