cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer master creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having a problem with new customer master record creation. The system is not allowing me to create a new CM record and is throwing back an error which says that " The sales area is not defined for the customers". I have checked all the data ( definitions, assignments, configuration and settings)pertaining to my sales area and they all are fine.

If i put only my company code and dont take into consideration sales area then i can create and save a new CM record with general data and co. code data fields but moment i try to bring sales area into picture error pops up..

What to do, please help me out here!! What am i missing on?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hemkant,

If you have already checked with

Enterprise Structure

--> Definition

--> Assigment

and

VOR1 - Common Dist. Channel &

VOR2 - Common Division

Just Check with:

OVH3 - Customer Hierarchy: Allowed Sales Area Assignment

Few other Checks:

T. Code: OVAO - maintain the reference sales organisation

T. Code: OVAM - maintain the reference distribution channel

T. Code: OVAN - maintain the reference division

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it has really solved my problem and added something new to my knowledge.

Best Regards,

Hemkant Sharma

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi hemant,

u might be working on ecc.6.o, in thisversion we need to maintain general sales area first, in case of enterprise edition we need not do that...anyways u got the solution jus i wanted to add this point hope wud be useful .....

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemkant

The set up sales area must have been done .Beside this all assignment of Dist ch and Div to Sales organisation.

Sales organisation must have been assigned to the Company code.

If all these settings are correct then there should not be any problem.

Create your Customer master (XD01), choose the Account group, enter the Company code, enter the Sales area and proceed.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hemkant,

I appreciate the fact that you have check all the assigments, but this error clearly identifies that you have not defined / assigned your Sales Area or Common dictribution channels or Divisions.

Just check again & there would be a small error in assinging Sales area 9Sales Orgn / Distribution / Divisions)

Hope this helps...

Give points if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response but i have double checked the set up sales area and have assigned common DC and div as mentioned by you but problem is still persisting. I cant figure out why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintained common DCs and Divisions?