Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Security Upgrade question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if after an upgrade lets say from 4.6C to ECC 6.0, what happens to a Authorization field which has ranges(EX: Company code - BUKRS 2000 to 2008)? will the values be blown away after the upgrade? I came to know that they will be blown away. Please confirm.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

I just completed security upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0. The old values are kept as it is. Be sure that in SU25 step 2A and 2B steps completed successfully.

For your ref. here are the some points about affected authorization objects :-

SU25, 2C step also contains the new SAP roles introduced.

If you go to one by one role , there are some authorization objects that are got affected during upgrade. We can categorize these authorization objects as below:-

1. Standard New u2013 These are new authorization objects that are introduced in new system for corresponding tcode.

2. Manually new - It shows the authorization objects which were manually added in old system. Some of the values got updated for this also.

3. Standard Updated - Updated means, in old system if you have kept the standard values as it is, SAP has updated these standard values( u can check this one in SU24 check indicators).

4. Maintained New- Some of the organizational values introduced as field in authorization object.

SU25, 2C step also contains the new SAP roles introduced.

No field values get changed. But SAP introduced some new authorization objects or new SAP default values in ECC6.0. Depending upon your business functionalilty you can adopt these changes .

Regards,

Sneha