cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing languages through SMLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

We have ECC 6.0 and i need to install 4 more languages chinese, French, Dutch and Arabic. I am trying to do with the T-code SMLT. When i select the language, Ex. Chinese > Language > Import package and in the next window, i am not knowing how to go ahead. I want to know what should be the path and how to import the language. I have checked the forums but dint get the exact information i needed. Awaiting for your valuable inputs.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

Edited by: Vanitha badampudi on Nov 11, 2008 12:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After selecting all the languages that you want to install..

1 - > Click On Activation button.

2 - > Click Yes on New NLS will be activated.

3 - > RSCPINST screen will be there and at the end of that "checked and no inconsistency found"

4 -> Click on Simulate

5 -> Again RSCPINST screen will be there and at the end of that "checked and no inconsistency found"

6 -> Type SMLT

7 -> Click Language

8 -> Select the Language and Click on Save button

9 -> Select Supplementary Language "ex. English" and Click on Save

10-> Now select the new language and Click on Language from the title menu and Import Package

11-> Provide the package path and click on find package

12-> Select the instance and click on Execute

13-> Click Yes on import package ......

14-> "Import Schedule" click right sign and then click back button at the end of the screen

15-> Click on the language drop down "French or German or Chinese" you will be able to see imported package.

16-> You have to edit your profile after adding the language ..

I guess this might help you.

V....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have already read that. But that dint mention where the location of the packges will be. It just said "Enter the path for the language packages. Choose Find Package(s) to search for any available packages in the path you have entered.Alternatively, you can search for packages locally by choosing Load from Front End.". Please i want to know what is the path i need to give. What is the exact location of the support packages and where will i find them.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Vanitha

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The path is simply the location of the files you require to upload the language.

I presume you have downloaded and decompressed the files required. If not you can find them on SAP Marketplace.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos