cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can maintain user master records ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello community,

What is the best way to determine which users (and which job roles) have the ability to create and maintain user master records ?

I have found a number of authorization objects, for example :

S_USER_GRP

S_USER_PRO

S_USER_AGR

S_USER_AUT

S_USER_TCD

S_USER_VAL

However, I wonder if there is not an easer way to gather this information ? For example, is there not a single report that could be run which will tell you the users / job roles authorized to maintain user master records in your system ?

Thanks!

Keith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try Transaction SUIM ?

Thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I am using SUIM very heavily. But still it is quite complex because there are a number of authorization objects, and a number of possible values for each object.

And you must search for users, and for roles.

I'm wondering if there isn't an easier way to go about collecting this information ?

And if SUIM is the answer, then which approach to SUIM should one take to most quickly find the answer ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

To findout the users

SUIM --> User --> Users by Complex Selection Criteria --> By Authorization or By Authorization values . if you have more than one value use multiple selection. The sameway you can find the roles also.

I am not sure this is what you looking for

Thanks

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am in the process of doing just that. However, it is very manual.

For example, I have been repeating the steps you mention above for each value of each authorization object.

I had hoped that instead there would be a SOX related transaction or program that would give a formatted report without forcing you to look at each authorization object / value by hand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

You can run SUIM=>User=>Users by complex selection criteria specifying S_USER_AUT in the "Selection by values" selection option and 01, 02, 06, 07 as values for Activity. An output should give you an idea which users are allowed to update master user records. For more accurate result you should check whether these users have auth. to run SU01, SU10, SE38.

SU24 can also be helpful in some cases.

Regards,

Mike