cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SAP Market place/SAPOSS connection in Solution monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

Do we require Internet or SAP Marketplace access for Below Solution monitoring tasks

1)System administration

2)SLA

3)Business processs Monitoring

4)Sytem Monitoring

I know EWA report cannot be generated without this connection, I tried basic setting using SPRO wizard-General setting, During Execution of tasks Initial configuration PartII, it gives "Basic Configuration error" because of "SAPOSS connection".

Shall i ignore this error and continue or do we have any solution for this problem.

regards

Elumalai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elumalai,

EWA needs SAPOSS only if you want to send it to SAP. This can be unchecked in Solution Settings in SOLMAN_DIRECTORY if you don't want it.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

In my system is Solman 7.0. I have already unchecked the solution directory..

Still i couldnot get the ewa.

(My System monitoring/Administion and business process Montorings are working fine).

When i activate SDCCN from satellite system ,

Create destination SDCC_OSS receive a error message like "" Not enough information to create SDCC_OSS and First maintain destination "SAPOSS" Correctly...""

Please let me know how to fix this issue?..

Thanks

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

you can ignore the error that comes in the satelite system. In the solman system you basically need SDCC_OSS to retrieve the service definitions from SAP Support Portal. Instead of downloading them via SDCC_OSS you can download them also as a transport form SAP Support Portal, I've been told.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Basically MY solman server donot have access to SAP network. Due to my company security policy(Firewall protection) , I cannot connect outside network. Hence I couldnot create SAPOSS connection. there are no network connection between MY solman server and SAP.

(Due to this i couldnot run the RTCCTOOL. )

Hence I want to generate the EWA without SDCC_OSS and SAPOSS connection..

It it possible generate the EWA without SDCC_OSS or SAPOSS Connection ?.

Thanks

Thitumal

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hence I want to generate the EWA without SDCC_OSS and SAPOSS connection..

>

> It it possible generate the EWA without SDCC_OSS or SAPOSS Connection ?.

Yes, see answers to your question in this [thread|;.

You need to install in the Managed Systems (Satellite System)

the latest version / Support package of

- ST-PI

- ST-A/PI

Get service definitions via transport (see linked thread).

Setup "Back" destination to your SolMan System.

Activate SDCCN.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

I already red the forum and your comments and gone through the note 727998.and 763561.

My solution Manager system has SP06 for ST-PI 2005_1_700.

Hence I follwed the below part as per the note -727998

!<<

==============================================================

II. Detailed overview

Systems where SDCCN is activated and which also contain

SP08 for ST-PI 2005_1* for basis release 46C -640

SP06 for ST-PI 2005_1_700 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SP04 for ST-PI 2005_1_710

Step 0: Ensure that optimizer statistics exist for table D010INC.

Step 1-3 :You can use functionality in SDCCN to execute these steps.

Path: SDCCN -> Utilities -> Maintain Service Definitions ->

Select 'Delete and Replace Service Definitions -> Confirm this selection-> Confirm that you want to delete the definitions -> Confirm that a new task 'Service Definition Refresh' was created -> Take a note of the task id -> Review the log for this task id when it is completed. You should not not see any errors for either the update of a Service Definitions table or the generation of any re-import include.

======================================================================

>>

As per the note I checked the Optimizer statistics in DB20 transaction..

=============================================================

Statistics are current (|Changes| < 50 %)

New Method C

New Sample Size

Old Method C Date 09.11.2008

Old Sample Size Time 08:09:23

Old Number 0 Deviation Old -> New 0 %

New Number 0 Deviation New -> Old 0 %

Inserted Rows 0 Percentage Too Old 0 %

Changed Rows 0 Percentage Too Old 0 %

Deleted Rows 0 Percentage Too New 0 %

Use O

Active Flag P

Analysis Method

Sample Size

=========================================================

It seeems the first page of the note only related to my Solution manager version. Rest of them are "ALL OTHER SYSTEMS" As per the note Service definitions via transport available for low end system like 6.40 , 6.20 below.

1.Please correct me if if i am wrong.

2. Is their any other way to check the optimizer statistics for table D010INC?.

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you should check that

1) an RFC destination to your Solution Manager has been entered in SDCCN in the satellite system.

2) your Solution Manager is actually generating EWA sessions for the satellite system to find

3) that the service definitions are uptodate on both the Solution Manager and on the satellite system

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear :

Have you found the correction steps to resolve this question? I met this same issue now and beg your further description . Thanks.

P.S: My SLM could no access SAP per security reason. So i could not create the SDCC_OSS RFC automatically and i created it by copying from SAPOSS. But when i run SDCCN --> create 'Request Session Data', i could not find any EWA session/job to schedule.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shao,

I couldnot get the solution for this till now.. If Any of the expert knows can answer my question..

understand that you need to establish the Saposs connection to generate EWA report.

For this solution i got the below note from all. Please refer the note.. 727998 .

For me the below note didnot help me.

Please try to apply the note and reply me..

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shao, Thirumal,

You need to have the service definitions implemented by transport into the

Satelite systems and/or Solution Manager that have no connection to SAP. To do so, in note 727998 this is the relevant part:

d) Systems as described in c) which for security or infrastructure

reasons do not exchange RFC calls with the outside world.

Implement transport SERVDEF.CAR which you can find at sapservX,

/general/R3server/abap/note.0727998 . This transport creates a new

folder "Servdef" on your disk. In this folder you can find data and

cofile of the transport. Please copy the files in the appropriate

folders.

Before implementing new service definitions, delete the existing ones (report report BDL_DELETE_ALL_TABLES)

Then implement the transport and regenerate the re-import includes as per Step 3 of Note 727998.

Activated SDCCN if you have not done so already. Ignore the SDCC_OSS / SAPOSS error you will get.

Afterwards, maintain a destination for connection between Solution Manager and satelite system so reports can be sent over from one system to the other.

This should be done on SDCCN -> GoTo-> settings -> task specific -> RFC definitions -> settings -> (change mode) Add RFC destinations (F6). Choose a destination SM_[SID]CLNT[Client number]_BACK from the list available on the F4 help. If this destination does not exist, create it using the RFC assistant in Solution Manager SMSY or IMG.

The maintenance package will now use this destination to refresh sessions

from the Solution Manager and to send the EarlyWatch Alert data back without need for a connection to SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thiru,

You donot require a SAPOSS Connection for the following :

1)System administration

2)SLA

3)Business processs Monitoring

4)Sytem Monitoring

These functions can be used in Solution Manager regardless of the fact whether you have a connection to SAP or not.

Regards

Amit