Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Synchronous file to file scenario

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone please guide me for BPM Synchronous FILE2FILE steps. I am learning BPM.

Design: I want the sender file to be put to receiver. and from receiver i need to fetch the same output file and give back to the sender after transforming back to sender structure.(I want to learn the flow.).

Regards,

Senthilprakash.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

--->File to File using BPM.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926---- [original link is broken] [original link is broken]>RFC [original link is broken] using BPM.

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Asynchronous File to File scneario and its working fine. Now i want to enhance it to Synchronous.

Once the sender sends a file ..the receiver needs to recive the file and send the Same payload back to sender after Transformation.

IN FILE TO RFC:

The receiver RFC performance all the transformations needed and gives back the Response. But here i need to Transform the receiver structure back to sender structure and send to sender system.

Please Advice.

Regards,

Senthilprakash

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Nov 11, 2008 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi senthil,

if u want synchronous file to file that mins in the receiver side ur adapter should sent back the responce.

but in xi only 3 adapter can sent the responce.

1 .JDBC

2.RFC

3.SOAP

so file adapter canot be configured as synchronous.

if u still want to achive this u need to configure another channel as sender and give the source directory same as the target directory of first receiver adapter and set the mode as delete.

so here u need to configure 2 sender and 2 receiver adapter , this can be achivec without help of BPM.

regards,

Navneet

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Yes i know File doesn't support Synch. thats the probem. I wnat to achive Synchronous via BPM in a File to file scenario(Also i knw that it can be done without BPM.). I have configured 2 sender and 2 receiver Channels. but for me the sender and receiver channel both execute at same time. how to sequence the flow in BPM.

Regards,

senthilprakash.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But here i need to Transform the receiver structure back to sender structure and send to sender system.

Have u followed the blog I have posted earlier? There is no need to use transform step. The mapping is executed outside the BPM directly. There only u may map it to the file structure as required at your sender. Whats the problem then?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi senthil,

please find the blog how to schedul the adapter.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5078. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

regards,

Navneet.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

File-BPM-File(In this reciever file adapter use module parameter)

configure this Receiver file adapter using Business Service

This Reciever file adapter will send direct file back to your first sender

use module parameter carefully

Senthilprakash1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys and my old friend Navneet,

File doesnt support Sysnchronous as we all know. and when we try to achive Synhronous via BPM. It will not execute the Synchronous Send Step Interface in the BPM. As this step will require a Sync Interface so this interface will require Response Message(Target to Source) immediately once it process the request message(Source to Target).

Thou we will schedule the CC and have another Seder Adapter from (Target to Sender). The Synchronous interface in the syn Send step inside the BPM will fail as File wont Trigger any Response Message for the Sync Interface once the Request Message is processed.

File to File is not possible with a Synchronous Interface.

We can acheive the design with BPM in a way that it sends from Source to Target with a Asynchronous Interface(Source to Target).

and anohter Interface with scheduled CC to pick the file from Target to Source with another Asynchronous Interface(Target to Source).

NOTE: Above all can be done without BPM also. But as i had already told i just wanted to Design and check a BPM :).

Regards,

Senthilprakash.

Edited by: senthilprakash selvaraj on Nov 12, 2008 4:12 AM

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

File to file sync is possible by using module configuratio

look this scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%28without+bpm%29

see configuration of module parameter, use this in your scenario(file-BPM-File)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthilprakash,

when I'm rigth it is not possible to use the file adapter for synchronous scenarios. The reason is that there is the protokoll allows no response message. And you will need a response message for a synchronous communication.

Try instead to use the JDBC Adapter for a synchronous szenario. Send your select statement to the DB and receive the result set and give it back to your sender (maybe as a file).

Regards,

Björn

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See this

Regards,

Prateek