SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling and the Dates recieved after it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I use a Dynamic Scheduling ,and custumised an Intervals of 0 days (Order Creation- Scheduled MR Date , Order Download-Schedule MR Date..) -> All these will run in 1 day.

I've recieved a schedule records as I wanted,but what if I will create Order before the "Creat Order Date"? Is there any added Functionality of these dates?

Thank You very much !!

Michael.

3 REPLIES 3

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The functionality of these dates is that they let you plan (schedule) your meter readings. If you choose to create your orders on a different date, then no, there's no more use for these dates in meter reading.

There are two exceptions:

• The dates in the scheduling record of the PORTION are also used for budget billing plan creation

• The scheduled meter reading date is used as a trigger for automatic monitoring (EL32)

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer.

I want to perform Periodic Meter Readings on these dates,but what if I got Schedule Record to 01.12.2008 and on this date I want to Create the MR Orders,Output MR Orders , Upload Results and Bill. What will be if I will Create Orders on 30.11.2008,Output them on 01.12.2008, Upload and Bill on 03.12.2008 ? Is there any problems which may shown?

What can be if I Create MR Order,perform Move In-Move Out and Upload MR Result ? Or If I will perform Device Replacement after Creation of MR Order?

Thank You very much !

Michael.

0 Kudos

Dates in scheduling records are always reference dates, that means they are not binding and you can ignore or overrule them as you please.

For example, if a MRO is scheduled to be billed on 02.11.2008 and you don't get the meter reading until 15.12.2008, there is no problem. The order will simply remains open until the meter reading arrives, and the billing will then take place asap.

As far as device replacements and such are concerned: it can be more difficult or even impossible to replace a device when a MRO is open, or when (billed/unbilled) meter readings are available after the replacement date. This has nothing to do with the scheduling records as such, it's a generic attention point.

Good luck!