cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stock reduction packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

When we do sales packing. then the goods are packed in to handling unit. But my packing material stock is not getting reduced. Can any one put light in this area.

Or some document in packing.

mail id: sreekanth.ally@gmail.com

Edited by: EKS EKS on Nov 11, 2008 11:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to OMS2 choose your packing material type and check whether the qty updation and value updation is maked for the combination of your plant and material type

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 3:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ramnathan.

The material type LIEH & VERP both have quantity & value updates.

still thanks

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear EKS,

Make sure of the following settings.

Go to *SPRO->Logistics Execution>Packing--->Define packaging material types- here you Select ur packaging material type- go in to the detail here you maintain Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material

&

There are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type + item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. VHAR -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. OVLK if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for GenerateDlvItms (generating delivery) items for the packaging material in tr. VHAR -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks murali for the reply.

Just one more thing, Let me take this example & then tell you.

4 fg goods & 1 packing material. So this is the way packing instruction has been mantained. Now when I deliver 8 fg then 2 packing material should be despatched. But here there are three packing material is reduced from the stock.

Actually two packing material for each handling unit, then there is third handling unit is made for these two handling unit So in all there are three packing material which is reduce.

Thanks in advance.