cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount of cumulative order quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i would like to know how can i create a condition type (discount in function of ordered quantity for more than one order). Specifically i would create this scenery: (for a material XXXX)---->

to 1000 kg : -1%

to 2000 kg: -2%

to 5000kg: -3%

to 9999999 kg: -4%

I would like to sum quantities for more orders for a certain period: (example:1/11/2008 - 1/11/2009)

1st order (3/11/2008: 500 kg: discount of -1%)

2nd order (3/12/2008:800 kg: discount of -1% su 500 kg and -2% su 300kg (because the threshold of 1000 kg is reached)

and so on...

I have already try with rebate agreements, but my customer doesn't want the credit note at the end of period, but he wants immediate discount at the order moment.

Is there a condition type that sum the quantity of more orders?(in a certain period)

Have i to create a particular routine?

Best regards

Alba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

this is possible using condition updates and scales. while configuring the condition type using V/06, tick the box for 'condition updates'.

when you create discount condition records, you can specify whether cumulative effect is based on quantity or value.

post again for feedback.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

i tick "condition update" in v/06...

Then when i create discount condition records, HOW can I specify cumulative effect is based on quantity?

In additional data i have only "max condition value" "max number of order" (and they define max limits for condition record). Where do I find the element that allows the system to sum the quantity of the orders?

Thanks

Alba

Former Member
0 Kudos

other solutions???

only with abaper??

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Alba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alba,

Doing sum of quantity for different orders is not feasible in SAP.

You can sum up different quantity for different line items in a sales order but nothing on summing up different sales orders.

For applying discount on sum fo sales orders you will have to follow alternate condition ase value.

Hope this helps,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

actually, you can accumulate quantities from several orders.

back to your condition type... under scales, choose scale basis = quantity. then try again with your condition record.

if the maximum order quantity still does not appear in condition records, please post again. most likely, you will need to change the calculation type to 'quantity', meaning your discount will be in value instead of percentage. then only maximum order quantity will appear.

however, i think maximum order quantity is not necessary as you can set the limit when making the scales.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan y on Nov 12, 2008 8:56 PM

Edited by: jonathan y on Nov 12, 2008 9:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok,

I copy condition type k005 ---> z005 (and it shows me cumulative quantity value, in ADDITIONAL DATA)

Then i have done:

1) 1st order: 800 kg (discount -1%)

2) 2nd order:500 kg (but the system gives to me discount of 1%, instead of -2% because the quantity of 1000 kg is reached).

So the system in condition record can only show me the cumulative quantity reached, but it doesn't automatically do the right discount at the moment that it reaches the quantity.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

i try to do the procedure that you have said in your last message in this thread:

And the situation is:

1st order: 800 kg--->-1%

2nd order: 500 kg---> the system gives to me a discount of 1% on 100 kg , but on the 400 remaining it doesn't apply the discount of 2%. (the condition type that refers at discount of 2% is inactive.

So, i don't know if is real possible to do discount immediately on cumulative quantities of more than one order..

If you have other ideas, please let me know..

Thank you very much!

best regards

Alba

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, alba.

the order quantities should be cumulative. we have done it before. in the meantime, please check your condition record and scales if the discounts are appearing as negative values. please also check your condition type if discounts and negative values apply.

but i will also test it again as soon as i can get access to a system.

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonathan..

Firstly thank you a lot for your great help..

I have retried to do all that you said, but the situation doesn't change.

In summary i applied two solutions:

1) condition type Z009 (Calculation type: Quantity - Scale basis: Quantity scale - condition update: marked)

condition record for customer/material with scales

to 1000 -0,10 E/pc

to 2000 -0,20 E/pc

to 5000 -0,30 E/pc

i also defined max codition base value (5000 pc)

but when i try to do ORDER i have:

- 1st order 800 pc: -0,10 E -

> 80 E

- 2nd order 500 pc: -0,10 E -

> 50 E (instead of -0,20 E)

- 3rd order 800 pc -0,10 E -

> 80 E (instead of -0,30 E)

2) three condition types:

Z005 Calculation type: Quantity - Scale basis: Quantity scale - condition update: marked)

Z006 Calculation type: Quantity - Scale basis: Quantity scale - condition update: marked)

Z007 Calculation type: Quantity - Scale basis: Quantity scale - condition update: marked)

and i put them in condition exclusion group

three condition record for customer/material

Z005: -0,10 E/pc max codition base value (1000 pc)

Z006: -0,20 E/pc max codition base value (1000 pc)

Z007: -0,30 E/pc max codition base value (3000 pc)

but when i try to do ORDER i have:

- 1st order 800 pc: -0,10 E -

> 80 E

- 2nd order 500 pc: -0,10 E for 200 pc------> 20 E and nodiscount for the other 300 pc

- 3rd order 800 pc -0,20 E -

> for 800 pc-----> 160 E

Why the system doesn't accumulate the quantity of more orders than one????

Did i forget anything?

Best regards

Alba

Edited by: Alba Battolini on Nov 13, 2008 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello.

back to V/06, you will find calculation type. if you change the value to quantity, the maximum order quantity will come out when you do VK11 for your condition type.

however, as in the earlier feed, i think this is unnecessary for you because you can set the quantity limit in scales.

regards.

p.s.

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello!!

i have already done this: OK in vk11 sysytem shows me max quantity...

but the problem is that the system isn't able to sum quantities for two or more orders....

Better..... : in condition record (Z009) the quantity is update (for each order that i have done)

but the discount is not yet calcuated in right mode.

As i have already said:

1) 1st order: 800 pc---> discount of 0,10 E/pc

2) 2nd order: 500 pc --- >

the cumulative values in condition record z009 is 800 kg (from 1st order)

but the system doesn't apply discount of 0,20 E/pc also if with 2nd order the quantity of 1000 pc is reached.

So what can i do?

thanks a lot for your precious help

I'm new in sap sd and i'm tring to learn.

Best regards

Good work

alba

Edited by: Alba Battolini on Nov 14, 2008 12:23 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest have a Ztable and populate it with customer number and the weight picked so far.

When ever an order is processed this ztable needs to be updated with the weight.

During Pricing, read from this Ztable and then based on the weight determine the discount.

Regards

Sai

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It looks like a complicated requirement. What if an order is created for 1000 quantity and a delivery block/reason for rejection is assigned. Should the second order offer more discount(higher slab). What if few of the orders become backorders. Since you wish to offer the discount in the sales order itself unlike Rebates, is there any chance to issue debit note to the customer for the extra discount offered, since quantities from back orders, rejected orders, blocked orders are also considered while cumulating the ordered quantities and offered higher discount. You have to consider many possibilities.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alta

In VK11 for the discount condition type (customer base discount condition type) maintain scales in weights.Continue this for one year as per your requirement and check the customer report using t.code MCTA and check how much gross weight and net weight he has lifted in that 1year and based on that you give a 1% extra credit note to the customer , how much has lifted in that year .

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much,

but there is no possibilities to do immediate right discount at the moment of order's creation???

In my example, at 3/12/2008 when i create the order how can i do (at that moment) the discount of

1% on 500 kg

2% on 300 kg remaining..???

Can the system sum these 800 kg to 500 kg of the first order automatically???

My customer don't want credit noteat the end of the year...

Best regards ..

Alba

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi alba

I think we dont have any standard condition type also to assign in the pricing procedure .So to the discount condition type assign a requirement .Give the inputs to the ABAP'er and he will write the sub-routine and test before you create the sales order.Give the logic as per your example only

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

any solutions?