cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove an Empty spca in Dropdown , data coming from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz..

There was a Dropdown in my view which is gettiing data from R3, but in the 1st place an Empty Space is coming but this is not the case in R3(in R3 there is no Space).

Whenever am trying to get the value from that Empty Space is throwiing an Null Pointer Exception,can any one tell me how can i remove this Empty Space in my Dropdown.

Thanks in Advance

Rgards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread which solved the issue.

Thanks,

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi..

Thnaks yaar , ur reference linkns r very helpful, the solution for my Query is to set the

Cardinality : 0..n

Selection : 1..1

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just change the "selection" property of the node which have the atrribute you bind with the dropdown to

1..n in component controller.

Regards,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you will remove the space in the dropdown then the first value of the drop down will get selected.

You can remove the empty space by replacing the empty space by "Please select". Replace your code

from

valueSet.put("","");

to

valueSet.put("Please Select","");

Thanks

Ritushree Saha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur prompt reply , in my case am getting the data from R3 to Portal View, suppose in dropdowm if i have 22 element in R3 , these 22 am getting but in addtion am gettiing an empty space in WDP View.

Am concern to how to remove this empty spce in WDP View, this spcae is not there in R3

Thnaks in Advance

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

set the selection property of the dropdown as 1..n.

if the error is still existing.

create a new node .

retrieve the values from the RFC ,remove the null entry and assign the other values to the new node.

with regards

shanto aloor

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by Changing the cardinality of the node to 1..1 or 1..n

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take DropDownBYIndex UI element and check the singelton and cardinality of the root node as 1..1 and 0..n

This may solve your problem

Regards

Padma N