cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous access to a Java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We are trying to enable Anonymous access to a java application on our Netweaver enviroment. We couldn't find any documentation concerning with this. There is information of how to enable this on a EP but not for a java application.

So far, we have ume.login.anonymous_user.mode on 1 an the ume.login.guest_user.uniqueids with J2EE_GUEST. We also tryed assigning the login module AnonymousLoginModule to our application, but it is not working.

Do you have more ideas or do you know about any documentation available?

Thanks all for your help,

Zareh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Zareh,

did you import the certificate of the J2EE into the ABAP-Stack??

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi René

Yes of course I imported the certificate and "it is working", currently I only need to logon on the first java logon web page and then I can start using the KW, but what I want to do is do not have to logon when I am accessing to the KW, in other word this will be a anonymous application and my first idea was to use the J2EE_GUEST and I already try assigning the security module "AnonymousLoginModule" to sap.com/tc~kw_tc*SAPIKS2, but it is not working and to be honest I am not sure if this is the correct procedure.

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far I can tell you that using the transaction SI24 it was everything what I need to enable the SSO on KW for display training material. Basically besides to add the option IWBTRAIN X on the "Deactivation of the Authorization Checks for Display" I only had to add the value IWBMISC X to the same the customizing table. That enable the SSO all the way from the EP to the ABAP stack of the KW system.

Thanks for your help.

Zareh

0 Kudos

Hi Zareh,

in the transaction SI24 -> "Settings in the Knowledge Warehouse System" -> "Authorizations" -> "Deactivation of the Authorization Checks for the Display" there you can customize it.

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rene,

Thats was very helpful, because that help me as workaround for a sporadic problem that I have sometime when the ABAP try to process the logon ticket created on the JAVA.

Have you configure something in order to avoid the initial logon screen on the JAVA page, and what I meant is when using the IE to try to start using the KW with the http://<host>:<java port>/SAPIKS2 is there anyway to do not required logon information and using Anonymous access = J2EE_GUEST.

I think that because we need to authenticate on the ABAP we still need the logon tickets, but if the logon ticket is generated with the user J2EE_GUEST, it will work.

Zareh

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Zarah,

sorry, I had no explsure to KW 7.0 until now .. no other ideas so far.

Gregor

former_member184385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Zareh,

if you are talking about Java apps on NW, what are you refering to exactly?

a) HTML, JSP pages or Servlets inside a web module or

b) EJBs inside a ejb module

afaik, vanilla deployment of a) or b) gives you unrestricted access, unless you restrict it yourself.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor,

In fact this is the KW 7.0 that I think is serverlets, and what I want to do it is just enable the J2EE_GUEST for this application.

What do you think?

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if this is servlet application, you can use the deployment descriptors of it to configure role-based access for it. <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/17/23f3df3cbaba48ab43123fa8190fb2/frameset.htm">This</a> page should give some hints about how to do it.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the Knowledge Warehouse 7.0, here we are not programming, we are using the standard SAP application for KW SAPIKS2. What we want to do is enable the use of J2EE_GUEST for this java application (SAP Standard).

What we think is to assign the Login module AnonymousLoginModule to the application sap.com/tc~kw*SAPIKS2 using the Security Provider on the Visual Administrator, but that did not work, and we couldn't find any specific information about this module AnonymousLoginModule or any other information to enable the use of the J2EE_GUEST on a JAVA application.

Thanks again for all your help,

Zareh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not familiar with KW application as well, so can't give you exact instructions in your case.

What I provided with my previous message was just a general suggestion, that should be valid for any J2EE/servlet application (which you stated KW is)..

Anyway, the only thing I can suggest right now is just to have a look at the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ee/1b58c38d3c450b802f2a5cfa99e805/frameset.htm">KW security guide</a> and see if you can find solution there.

Regards,

Ivo