SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Reading Download & Upload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to Download Meter Reading Orders to a file and then ,when I will get a new file from our "Meter Reading Company" to upload the Meter Readings to SAP.

I know that there is a possibility to do that via EL16 to Spool and then to a file

Is there any other-better Ideas How to make it ?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check t-code ELEU and ELMU.

Regards

Haricharan

0 Kudos

Hello Haricharan and Thank you for your answer!!

But, in ELEU I can see IDOC's which were uploaded from File.

If I recieve a file from "Meter Reading Company" How can I UPLOAD them to IDOC's?

ELMU ,as I know, is Transaction in which you transfer Data from IDOCs to SAP Tables,so this is the Final Step of the Process..

0 Kudos

There are 2 types of meter reading uploads are there.

1) Basic-Meter reading Upload

2) Interval Meter read Upload

You have to create one development for this.

In this development u will create one idoc after this you will execute EL01 t-code to upload Basic meter readings.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thank you very much for you Information.

What do you mean by saying 2 types of Meter Reading Uploads?

I'm asking about periodic Meter Reading. That is "Basic Meter Reading"?

0 Kudos

What do you mean by saying 2 types of Meter Reading Uploads?

Not exactly 2 types, i meant is periodic Meter Reading(Basic meter) and Interval meter Upload

I'm asking about periodic Meter Reading. That is "Basic Meter Reading"?

Create one program to Genarate the IDoc and execute the transaction EL01.

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

1) I've Performed EL09 (Create Mass Meter Reading Order) to 2 MRUs , Now I want to Download Meter Readings orders that were created. I thought to perform this by EL16 (to Spool) , and then to a File. Do you know another way ?

2) To perform the Upload, I will need development to execute IDOC from a File ?

Thank you very much !!

0 Kudos

1) I've Performed EL09 (Create Mass Meter Reading Order) to 2 MRUs , Now I want to Download Meter Readings orders that were created. I thought to perform this by EL16 (to Spool) , and then to a File. Do you know another way ?

Check the t-code EL35 to download the meter reradings

2) To perform the Upload, I will need development to execute IDOC from a File ?

Yes...

0 Kudos

Hi again,

EL35,as I know, is the same like EL16 but EL16 got a very useful logs,that EL35 doesn't create!

If you know something different.. Tell me !

If I use EL16,Can I change Application Form IS_U_METER_READING_DOWNLOAD ,to include just the fields that I need to Download?

0 Kudos

You just copy the standard application form IS_U_METER_READING_DOWNLOAD to Z application form

Then create a start-exit and end-exit.

Write the code in end-exit to download the meter reading document .

Regards,

Shiva kumar

0 Kudos

Ok,Thanks.

To perform the Download , I will Develop a transaction to make a file from a Spool Request which created by EL16. the File will get all data which needed by "Meter Reading Company" to every device which will be readed.

The Upload process need a Development , from File to Idoc and then is the Step of ELMU.

That is the right process?

Thank you very much !!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Typically, from what i have seen so far, the meter order can be downloaded from EL16/EL35 or even with your customer program as you mentioned

For uploading meter reading result you need use IDoc. Some industries(regulated) have the reading uploaded themselves. For ex, field agent with mobile device, this comes into SAP as IDoc and uploaded using BAPI (BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD). If the readings are coming from third party meter reading comany as a file then you would need to write a program to process each records in the file , create IDoc and then further uploade readings.

Hope this helps,

-Anand

0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

Do you know which Fields I have to download to have them when I will Upload the results ?

The Meter Reading company needs from the SAP just the Serial Number to give me a Result,so I'm think maybe I will need another Field to run the Upload..

Thank you very much for your answer !!

Michael.