cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Person - Field control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can anyone advise where can we configure the inputs of contact person (Customer Master). E.g. i would like make search term in contact person as mandatory input.

Thanks

PP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP

Go to OVT0 and check in contact person tab details .If it is suppressed then make it mandatory. If it is not there then go to OB20 and check wheather that contact person feild is suppressed or not. If it is suppressed then make it mandatory. Then when you create customer master record it is mandatory to maintain contact person data

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

My requirement is to set the 'search term 1' field in contact person maintenance (tcode VAP1/VAP2) as mandatory during data entry.

Thanks

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

You can use Transaction Variant (SHD0), where you can suppress or make any fields mandatory.

I tried and it is working fine.

Hope this Helps...

Give points if Useful...

Thanks,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pp,

in the transaction code ovt0, in general data field status, u will find the contact person tab page, in that u can find the contact person field, u can put is as a mandatory,

is that ur requirement or can we have a clear idea about ur requirement.

regards,

ram.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PP,

It seems that you want to make search term in Contact Person as mandatory input.

Use T-Code - OBD2 - Select the Customer Account Group of your Contact Person (by double clicking) - Then select General Data (by double clicking) - Here Select Address (once again by double clicking) -

Here you will find - Search term A - select the option (radio button) in Req. Entry.

This will ensure that none of your Contact Person is created without Search Term.

Hope this Helps...

Give points if Useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

May i know what's the standard customer account group for contact person? Seems contact person is part of customer account group (e.g. sold-to party)

Thanks

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PP

If you want that the input in the Contact person field should be mandatory, then include the field in the Incompletion list.

"Contact person" is header field, in the sales order ,so create an Incompletion Procedure for the Sale document header.

In the procedure add the field "Contact person" , put table name,field name etc and an appropriate status group and save it.

Assign the Procedure to your Sale document type.

Now, go to your Sale document type (VOV8) and activate the "Incompletion message" check box and save it.

Now, whenever you will create a Sales order, system will not allow you to proceed ahead without entering the input in the "contact person" field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There is no search term field found in the contact person field status group. How can i set this field as mandatory? Pls advise.

Thanks

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz maintain VAP3 T.COde and maintain as mendetory in partner procesure.

Thanks

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can use the contact person (CP)as one of the mandatory partner function,this can be done through partner determination procedure, assign cp to the account group and assign to partner determination procedure,

so after u configured partner determination procedure u can find the contact person in the customer master.

Or if u want make contact person name as mandatory field, this can be find in general data view, contact person tab page, this field can be controlled thru the t.code ovt0( account group creation).

regards,

ram.