cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While i create the material master data, the plant stock view and storage location stock view are hidden tab. They only appear when we want to change or display the master data. Is it the system maintain the views automatically? If yes, how come there is none value in the unrestricted use stock field after created? If no, where should I maintain those views?

Thanks.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No way

Transfer order is for picking of outbound deliveries which are linked thro Ware house

If there is no stock then how will you pick?

Are you new to SAP?

After creating the material then to run sales cycle for that material you need stocks in storage location and plant combination

To initially load the stocks you can choose MB1C movement type 561

Try this But as i said a lot of FI settings have to be in place

You can try this t code MB1C and keep posting the error message or search for the answer from the forum if at all you are getting any error message

This is the most easiest way to load stocks

I also learnt SAP tro this research only and at that time i was not aware of all these forums

We are there to help you out

All the best for carrying out MB1C transaction

Give pts if useful

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

Ya I am new to SAP. I just exposed to SAP by this year. I can see some changes for those two views already. Thanks for your helps given.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Agree with Ramanathan's comments.

The plant stock and storage location stock data will be added in the material master after creation. As this tabs are only needed after creating the material and raising the stock, there is no relevence in these tabs in MM01.

The unrestricted use stock filed in this tab will be updated once you maintain the stock.

Prase

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I consulted with my M.M Colleague and he tells when carrying out MM01 transaction that is creating the material Plant stock and Storage location stock tab has no meaning

Because the material itself is getting created now only

When you fill all the details and save MM01 that time these two views are added so that this material is created and stocks have to be maintained

That is why you are seeing them in MM02 and MM03

To have stocks filled there you need to go by MB1C or PO creation etc

Hope it throws more clarity

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi raja,

Thanks for your help. If let say I don't go for MB1C or PO creation etc, is it possible to do picking by creating transfer order?

Regards.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is the material type controls what all the views to be open when creating a material

As a standard process for finished product FERT these two views you cant see when doing MM01 but the same can be seen in displayonly in MM03 or MM02

If you want the values in those then use T code MB1C movement type 561

OR otherwise rise PO etc

To do this a lot of FI configurations have to be done correctly

Just like that you cant load stocks

Since it is plant stock and storage location stock only and there cannot be any direct entry here and these fields have to be filled thro the process of purchase hence these two are not opening when you do MM01 which is very very right

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 2:43 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 2:46 PM

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Nov 11, 2008 2:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the material type you are using ad check the views in material type settings in logistics general.

regds

Jude