cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting key

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

when we save billing document -ACCOUNTING DOCUMENT gets generated.

IN VK0A we specifc g/l Account say

custaag / mat aag/ ERL =xxxxx

1. i want to know how system determines whether it must be credit or debited (say PROO ERL- Manufacturing sales)

If we see in accounting document posting key will be either 50 credit/ 40 -debit

-how this gets determined for g/l account in billing accounting document

where setting is done

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per ur query i understood that when we save the billing document , accounting document will generate. so, ur doubt is how and on what basis the amount is getting debited or credited.right, if is ur question.

the revenues or expenditure generates from pricing procedure , in pricing we will assign the account keys, erl,ers and mws likewise, these accounts are linking between sd and fico( where we can do the revenue account determination, t.code vkoa), means whatever the revenues or expenditure will posting to g/l account , coming to ur point how amount is credited and debited, in condition types like pr00,k004, we have field negative and positive, so i think on that basis the amount is debited or credited.

regards,

ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

You were saying about field negative and positive in condition type.

But I think so those fields are generally used for calculating the price of the material

Weather it should added or deducted from the price procedure. For that purpose those settings are done.

Please check it out by you also and if I am wrong then please correct me also.

In pricing procedure we give account keys but those are us full to find out the G/L account for that particular condition type.

But in pricing procedure it never says whether it should be deducted or credited.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thx for replyin

But still unable to figure out how crdit/debity is hapening

PRICING PROCEDURE -A/C KEY (SAY ERL)

VKOA FOR A/C KEY we indicate g/l account

in condition type +ve /-ve for calculation .

for taxex we assign in ob40 -transaction JN6/JN7 we indictae posting key fine

BUt for price (proo) /discount etc how system determines posting key.

Pl suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your billing document type VOFA Tcode and click on the detail.

In that you will find account determination procedure assign to it.

Now go the following path IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 revenue account determination u2013 define and assign account determination procedure.

Click on the define account determination procedure over there you will find your account determination procedure.

Select your ADP(account determination procedure) and select the control data on left of your screen.

You will find out some condition types are maintained in ADP. Note down KOFI(mainly used this one)

Go to following path IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 revenue account determination u2013 define access sequence and account determination types.

Double click on maintain access sequence for account determination and see the accesses of KOFI.

You will find the seven accesses. These are the condition table which you see in VKOA and you have maintained your record in one of the condition table using specified keys in it.

Now go to VKOA and select the General in that.

You will find G/L account is saved on the combination of App/condition type(KOFI)/chart of account/salesorg.

If you are creating company code then you have to maintain one chart of account and one sales organization atleast to go further in the SD.

Go to IMG u2013 sales and distribution u2013 account assignment/costing u2013 revenue account determination u2013 define and assign account keys.

Double click on the assign account keys you will see assignment of the account key with the condition type(PR00).

This is the procedure done now if you create the billing document the system will determine the chart of account

Now go to OBYC and put your chart of account No. over there and go to the GBB transaction.

Now we store the debit and credit account on the basis of valuation area/general modification/valuation class.

These became the key combination for determining the debit and credit account.

If you donu2019t maintain this entry then system wont be able to determine the account.

If you have saved any G/L account in VKOA the system wont be satisfied and ask to do this setting so that debit and credit account can be determined.

Now I think so you will be able to get it how the debit and credit is determined.

Raj.

arjun_subhash
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

U want to know how system determines debit/credit right?

Simply speaking system detemines which a/c to debited or credited from the informations u provide with the a/c numbers.From a/c numbers and document types itself it can determine the posting keys.Posting keys are not just 40 and 50.There are different posting keys like debit to asset ,credit to capital etc etc....these are coded to system while configuring

thanks and regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T.code OBYC and give your chart of account and then go to the transaction GBB.

Over there you will get your debit and credit account number.

This setting is generally made by the FI person so you donu2019t have to worry about that

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thx for replyin

OBYC -GBB is for inventory posting , i want to kno regarding Billing -accounting document

Pl suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In accounting document you can see the account on which amount has been credited and debited.

Those account which are determined over there those setting is done in OBYC.

In OBYC you will find different transaction which are related for material posting.

Same way for customer and tax also these setting made.

Check out by yourself also.

I am telling you which I understood by looking at OBYC.

Regards

Raj.