cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Need to create custom fileds in sourcing in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SRM 4.0. I had a requirement where in Sourcing I need to add a custom field in the standard SRM shopping cart. The best approach is BADI as far as my know ledge is concerned.

Can anybody help me out the procedure, which BADI to use or any other suggestion so that my issue will get resolved.

Await your response.

vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

To bring customer fields to the sourcing cockpit , you need to add those custom fields to shopping cart first and these fields will automatically show up in the sourcing cockpit.

To add fields in the shopping cart you need to follow the steps given in the following blog:

To find out in which structures the field is to be included you can go through the following notes:

Note 672960 - User-defined fields 2

Note 458591 - User-defined fields: Preparation and use

And after adding the fields in shopping cart you need to regenarate the sourcing screens so that the custom fields are dispalyed in the sourcing cockpit. For doing that the below given note:

Note 632982 - Generation of the screens for the sourcing.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have done the necessary changes in the includes (Structures), but the custom fileds are not getting reflected in SRM portal Sourcing tab.

Do I need to add the custom fields in Sourcing cockpit also to make them visible on the SRM portal or direclty the necessary changes in the shopping cart will serve the purpose.

If yes then can you please help me out with the BADI. As the BADI (BADI BBP_CUF_BADI_2) is not helpful in SRM 4.0.

Await your response.

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As i had mentioned in the previous message , you need to regenerate the sourcing screens so that the customer field become visible on sourcing cockpit.

Follow the steps given in the following note to regenerate screen.

Note 632982 - Generation of the screens for the sourcing

Once the process of regeneration of screen is complete, the field will show up on the sourcing cockpit.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pradeep,

Thanks once again.

Is there any other way where in without regenerating the screen we can add the custom fields in the sourcing cockpit? As for reneration we need to delete and regenerate the standard screens and which is some how risky as per onsite people. So can you suggerst other way round as this is SRM 4.0.

Await your response.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it is mandatory to regenerate the screens. What you have to do is to delete the screen and launch the sourcing cockpit application. Then screens will be automatically generated.

Note: Please delete only the screens suggested in the note.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Kathirvel is right . You have to regenerate the sourcing screen. It is the standard way proposed by the the SAP.

The only way left is to change the HTML Template , but i would not suggest that as it is not per the SAP standards.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks once again. But can you please tell us how to delete the screens and take the back up.

Also which all screens needs to be deleted.

vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read the note 632982. It will explain you everything step by step in detail.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SE80 --> Function group BBP_SOCO_UI_ITS --> Screens --> Go to screen number 011 , right click and delete it.

Capture this screen deletion in a transport request, similarly delete screens 0021, 0201 and 0301.

Capture the deletion of all the four screens in the same Transport request --> Release this transport request.

Run the Carry out sourcing link from the web , all the four screens are automitically generated. Go to each of these screens and activate them (publish).

Capture all the regenerated screens in a new Transport Request and release it.

Please recheck with the 632982 - Generation of the screens for the sourcing note before deleting the screens.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the below notes:

672960 - user-defined fields

676016 - user-defined fields

Regards

Kathirvel