cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination- Printer parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured an output type and maintained a condition record in VV11. For the communication parameters i have maintained LOCL as the default printer. In my development system i am able to take the Sales order printout and in Quality system i am not able to get the printout.

Do we need to do any printer settings, if so could any one tell me what settings need to be done.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can u check the the both printer output device and check the spool request in QAS system ..

and also check the word documnets .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

If the program/system is hanging Please ask ur ABAPer to debug the form in Quality to find out the exact point of mistake. Sometimes it happens that due to data difference in DEV and QR you got such bugs.

Because no system will hang due to configuration setting, it should be an error or warning in that case, but here system gets hang means some program issue is there.

Please Revert back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In all the servers local printer may not be named LOCL. it may be named something else.

So assign the printer that is there in that server.

Also if a required printer is not there in the server, request the BASIS team to set up the printer giving the IP address & location of the printer. After they maintain the printer in the system then you will be able to assign it to the condition records.

Also check if the O/p type configs are moved into the test server.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

In both the systems the local printer is named as "LOCL". Could you tell me there would be any other reason for this defect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Pls debug the process by placing the breaking point in the O/p control prog.

You will know the exact reason why it is not triggering.

Also check the condition records in TEST server if the default values are triggered immediately after saving the application. Check in O/p types, further data.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the determination analysis and what the error its giving. Condition records need to be given manually. They are not transported.

Apart from this maybe you have a logo which has been uploaded in dev and it needs to be uploaded in quality as well. If you have changed some scripts ensure that the form is transported before the script. This leads to errors sometimes.

regds

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude, i am able to see the output type in the sales order. When i try to give print or issue print to the screen the system is Hanged up.

Thanks,

Srini

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srinivasa rao,

-->Please check the condition records in Quality system for that output type.

-->Check the access sequence of that output type because while transporting cross client settings may not get transport to the quality system.

-->Check the hardware setting (Printer)to that system or user with the help of BASIS people.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Murali Mohan.Tallapaneni on Nov 11, 2008 10:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear srini,

Check in quality whether the output type has been transported, check whether the output type is assigned inside the access seq ie in NACZ.

Hope this may help you and try to transport both your customizing and your workbench request.

regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I have checked in my quality system. All the transports related to the output configuration and print program and form are avaiable in the quality system. Still i am not able to take the printout. I am even not able to issue the print to the screen.When i try to issue the print to the screen it gets hanged up.

Thanks,

Srini