Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS and web dynpro

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have an requirement.

In Employee Self-Service(ESS) personal information screen there is personal data and address link.

i have to customize these personal data and address screen to add some more fields on screen.

I want to know how may i do it and is there anything else that i required.

I have nwds on my system .

i want to know the step by step procedure to import that screen in nwds then edit it and export it again to ESS.

Regards .

Punit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this blog.

Regards,

Harini S

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harini Subraman,

i am trying to resolve with the help of that you have provided me but i am not getting any from nwds as specified in this web log as i am using nwds 7.1 please give me some solution .

Thanks .

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Punit,

If you need to add fields which are being passed in the BAPI and are a part of the structure ...you can add them to the Overview screen by modifying the Bizcard of the VcOverview Component Controller.....or if you want to add new fields not part of the structure ...you need to extend the infotype 0002 ...get the fields added to the structure ...then reimport the Model inside the webdynpro and do the bindings accordingly....

Hope it helps.

Shikhil

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shikhil,

I think, You are the right person who can tell me a lot regarding this requirement .

I have lots of question regarding this can you give me your number or mail.

I will be very thankful to you and points is not an issue if u can help me out.

Thanks & Regards.

Punit Pawar

Edited by: Punit Pawar on Nov 12, 2008 10:24 PM

Edited by: Punit Pawar on Nov 12, 2008 10:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can help you right here ....just let me know exactly what to do....

Shikhil

former_member8532
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sikhil,

First i want to thank you for your support.i have 2 question

1. i have to customize the ESS web dynpro application e.g. Address Screen for USA and SAUDI. we have to add the date field "Hijra Date" and "Hijra Age" from the Backend for saudi and have to add some fields on USA. What can I do for this.

i know that first i have to import these application in NWDS threw NWDI. but How will i do it do not know.

2. Can we create the 2 copies of a single component like "Address". What can be the right approach to maintain the screens for US and SAUDI, can we hide some fields from the particular screen of US or SAUDI at run time. And if we can, How ?

3. We have to develop around 50 screens for US and SAUDI. How much time will it take in you view for this.

Thanks,

Punit.