cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem starting up mini SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed mini SAP 4.6D on my laptop which uses Windows XP als the OS.

Now I want to start the SAP Gui and I get the following error message. Please help me out.

TCP/IP ERROR detected by Sapgui.

Time

Release 46D

Component NI(Network interface)

version 34

Return Code -1

Module ninti.c

Line 1174

Detail NiSocket

System Call WSASocket

Error No 10091

Error Text WSASYSNOTREADY: Network subsystem is

unavailable

Counter 2.

Does any one know how to get ride of this problem?

Thank you all so much.

Rudy!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is that first you have to start application server after running the application server you have to start SAP GUI. If you start sap GUI without the application server then this type of error will occurs.

Follow the below steps.

After installing you will see start MBS on your desktop first run that (application server) then start launch your SAP Logon. Check it out .

Regards,

Mahesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudy,

I've installed SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 2004s & encountered a similar problem when starting SAP Logon.

But upon a close look at my system configuration it revealed that my Full computer name (or host name) was 15 character long as opposed to SAP's recommendation of 13 characters.

You should also check that by examining My Computer's properties.

Once you are done with that, uninstall & reinstall SAP (It worked for me like that).

Hashir Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please tell me can we install SAP Netweaver 2004s on Mini SAP 4.6D.

I have installed Mini SAP 4.6D & want to upgrade into SAP netweaver 2004s. If you installed then please tell me the steps or provide me the link where I can get free trial version of SAP Netweaver 2004s software. Can we work on web Dynpro component after installing it?.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot upgrade minibasis (4.6D) to sneak preview NW04s. Look at the downloads and get the ABAP version (when it is available again). Install the download.

Read the "ABAP Trial Version for Newbies" blogs to see how to export your existing developments from MBS, to then import to NSP.

MattG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi guys,

Can someone send me a txt file with how the host file should look like on kmawere@gmail.com

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Rudolph Emange

I can not find mini SAP 4.6D software which install on laptop. Could you please send the link to download that?

Help me please. And my e-mail is mailoem@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

MiniSAP 4.6D was available with the book: ABAP Objects, Programming the SAP applications. First edition. Space required 2.2GB, RAM 128MB.

<a href="http://www.pearsoned.co.uk/Bookshop/detail.asp?item=100000000013999">Publishers info</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudolph,

Do you have your laptop connected to the network ?

If not, make sure Microsoft Loopback adapter is configured on the laptop.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, when I was having this trouble I was connected in the Network. Could you explain a little on how to configure the

"Microsoft Loopback adapter "?

Thank you

Rudy!

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the Kernel disk (with autorun on) the information program has the heading INSTALLATION this has the drill down to "Network Configuration" (NWCFG.HTM) read that.

MattG.