cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurator: Characteristic Value Assignment Refreshment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined one configurable material and one class with two characteristics (CHARACTERISTIC_A and CHARACTERISTIC_B) and each of these characteristics with different values: CHARACTERISTIC_A can have the following values: 1, 2 and 3; and CHARACTERISTIC_B : A, B and C.

I have also defined one dependency (procedure) between these characteristics in the configuration profile of the material:

$SELF.CHARACTERISTIC_B = 'C' IF CHARACTERISTIC_A >=2.

When I try to make a standard sales order for this material it really works: the Characteristic Value Assignment screen appears. If I choose value 2 or 3 for CHARACTERISTIC_A, value 'C' is set for CHARACTERISTIC_B. The problem begins when I choose CHARACTERISTIC_A = 1 and CHARACTERISTIC_B = 'B' (OR 'A') and then I change again and choose CHARACTERISTIC_A =2 (or 3). It doesn't set CHARACTERISTIC_B to 'C', it just shows a yellow sign on the low-left part of the screen indicating that this configuration is not allowed, but it doesn't correct it automatically. I wonder if there is something I'm missing, or it is not possible in standard SAP.

I hope you understand my question.

Thanks in advance.

Luis.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Luis,

I don't see a problem with you code (procedure) however am not sure at which level did you assign the procedure. Here is one code where I have the vale changes whenever I have the characteristics value change.

Example:

Step 1.

I have this OD coded (which is a procedure type).

00001 ($self.T_CT_SSD = '4GB',

00002 $self.T_CT_WIFI = '01',

00003 $self.T_HD_05 = 20)

00004 if T_CT_IDE = '40GB'.

meaning what I am going to do is that I am going to default the characteristics value of chaacteristics T_Ct_IDE with a value of '40GB when the following value sare selected T_CT_SSD = '4GB', T_CT_WIFI = '01', T_HD_05 = 20.

Step 2.

Next what I did was I assign the object dependency (step 1) to characteristics T_CT_IDE.

Therefore each time when I changes the caracteristics value the the changes / refresh takes effect immediately.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add a "AND SPECIFIED CHARACTERISTIC_A" statement to your "IF CHARACTERISTIC_A >=2." and you should be good to go.