SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS Configuration in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having only one house bank. There is no Direct Debit and Card Payment, External Collections.

We are using Check for Both Outgoing and Incoming and there is no Clarification Activities.

We are using Prenumbered Check Printing. I am thinking that if we are using Prenumbered Check we can't do the BRS in FICO.Is there any possibility to do in FICO? if so can any one provide me the Config steps.

If we have to do the BRS in FICA Will i get the Configuration Step.. for this.

What is the procedure to do this In FICA.

I am waiting for your reply eagerly since i am not able to find any solution.

If i am getting any valuable solution it would be highly appreciatable.

Thanks

Vijay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please look into my answers below in bold

We are having only one house bank. There is no Direct Debit and Card Payment, External Collections.

We are using Check for Both Outgoing and Incoming and there is no Clarification Activities.

We are using Prenumbered Check Printing. I am thinking that if we are using Prenumbered Check we can't do the BRS in FICO.Is there any possibility to do in FICO? if so can any one provide me the Config steps.

I did not get your point when you say 'Prenumbered Cheque'. Do you mean the Chq no generated in SAP during print cheque? If yes, I do not think there shall be any issue in your BRS.

Coz, when you generate Cheque and send to the customer, he'd submit the chq to the bank for collection and the bank would collect the money from your account and deposit in his account. Right?

In that case, this <collection of cheque> would appear in the EBS. You need to take this as base and get this reflected in your books of accounts in SAP either via enhancement of event FEB00001 <use T-Code SMOD> or via FPB12 if using via FICA. In that case this shall be reflected in T-Code FPCHR.

You need to understand what the file you'd be getting from the bank. Either EBS or Cheque transfer file.

But remember that you can only update info of Outgoing cheques only via FPB12.

Pls look above

Pls look above

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please look into my answers below in bold

I did not get your point when you say 'Prenumbered Cheque'. Do you mean the Chq no generated in SAP during print cheque? If yes, I do not think there shall be any issue in your BRS.

Coz, when you generate Cheque and send to the customer, he'd submit the chq to the bank for collection and the bank would collect the money from your account and deposit in his account. Right?

In that case, this <collection of cheque> would appear in the EBS. You need to take this as base and get this reflected in your books of accounts in SAP either via enhancement of event FEB00001 <use T-Code SMOD> or via FPB12 if using via FICA. In that case this shall be reflected in T-Code FPCHR.

You need to understand what the file you'd be getting from the bank. Either EBS or Cheque transfer file.

But remember that you can only update info of Outgoing cheques only via FPB12.

Pls look above

Pls look above

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Rajendra,

'Prenumbered Cheque' Means in the Check Instrument itself Number would be preprinted.

I am having the following doubts,

1. We are Downloading the Bank statement from Our Net Bank. In this case we can download in to Excel Sheet.

2. FPB12 system is asking Path In this what i have to Specify. There is no selection field for this.

3. What is the procedure to do the BRS for Incoming Cheque Payment.

4.I am Maintaining the GL Accounts for Cheque Outgoing, Cheque Incoming and Bank Clearing account. Is my concept Correcct? If not Please Correct Me.

5.Whether BRS in FICA or FICO Which one is best and easy method to do this.

Realy i am not able to proceed further. Kindly look in to this matter and help me out.

Thanks

Vijay.

0 Kudos

Vijay,

There are gaps in your assumptions...so is the reason for going forward...

1. We are Downloading the Bank statement from Our Net Bank. In this case we can download in to Excel Sheet.

2. FPB12 system is asking Path In this what i have to Specify. There is no selection field for this.

Pls refer to my answer in the other posting. you need to use programs RFKKCRDG & RFKKCRDA in SE38.

3. What is the procedure to do the BRS for Incoming Cheque Payment.

There is no standard procedure unlike Outgoing Chq procedure using FPCHR. You may need to go for customized report. Else suggest you to for Reconciliatin in FICO instead of FICA.

4.I am Maintaining the GL Accounts for Cheque Outgoing, Cheque Incoming and Bank Clearing account. Is my concept Correcct? If not Please Correct Me.

Your concept is correct for posting of Incoming and Outgoing Chq payments but not for Reconciliation.

5.Whether BRS in FICA or FICO Which one is best and easy method to do this.

It depends on your specific business requirement, data you get, volume you have. For Outgoing Chq BRS, FICA is best, For Incoming Chq BRS, FICO is suitable.

Suggest you to go through the following link

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Your concept is correct for posting of Incoming and Outgoing Chq payments but not for Reconciliation.

Should we give any GL account for Reconciliation. If so where we have to assign.

Thanks for your all valuable reply.

Vijay.

0 Kudos

Rajendra,

Can you explain about this user exit. What we have to change in this..

You need to take this as base and get this reflected in your books of accounts in SAP either via enhancement of event FEB00001 <use T-Code SMOD> or via FPB12 if using via FICA. In that case this shall be reflected in T-Code FPCHR.

Thanks

Vijay.

0 Kudos

No ...

first of all the process for Reconciliation is entirely different ..and is not supported by standard unless it is outgoing and get file suitable for FPB12 structure.

next assuming that you have given Recon account in the config. You cannot post items to it directly right??

so your assumptions are not correct in the first instance itself

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Rajendra,

I mean that Reconcilation account of Bank.

Not customer recon account.

Thanks

0 Kudos

No you cannot use any Recon acc to post the items directly!!!

coming to your other question on user exit, you need to

1. Identify what all info you are getting in the EBS file.

2. If you get chq info of FICA in EBS file, you write the logic in the enchancement to establish link between FICO document number, FICA cheque number and FICA Refund document number. That has to be put in your user exit. Then this would be reflected inthe FI-GL Account balances .....displaying that the chq is encashed.

3. Suggest you to sit with your Techie. He wud explain you better.

Rgds

Rajendra