cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate differs at item and header level of Billing doc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

I have configured customer currency as USD in customer master and pricing condition record has also been maintained in USD. During sales order creation, the exchange rate at header (sales tab- field 'document currency') and item level (sales A tab - field 'excahange rate') is coming from the exhange rate maintained in OB08. (i.e say Rs.42). I have changed exchange rate in sales order to Rs. 45 at header level. The same has been captured at item level and also at item level of billing doc. But at header level of billing doc., the exchange rate-accounting field still shows Rs.42 and the same is captured in accounting doc. This is wrong, as i would like to capture the changed excange rate i.e. Rs.45 even in the accounting doc.

Would you also explain that the exchange rate at header and item level in sales order and billing doc would come from?. Specially, where does the exchange rate accounting field in billing document is capturing from?

Kindly help me out to understand this concept.

With Warm and Kind Regards

Bhikshapathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to VTFL, copy control setings at item level. Here you can see the field PricExchRateType.

Give here 'A' copy from sales order.

Hope it works.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhikshapathi,

Have a look at this.

1) You maintain exchange rate in OB08 for date 1st of a month (1 USD = 60 INR) and also for 5th of the month lets consider (1 USD = 61 INR).

2) You create sales order on 2nd of a month and hence exchange rate captured  is '60' for both header and item as well.

3) Now you create and post invoice on 5th and at this time exchange rate for header is '61' but at item level it is '60'

Now if you want both exchange rates i.e header and item same there are two scenarios:

A) Maintain 'Currencies: Translation Ratios' in SPRO

Then in sales order (Date 2nd of month) at header level in Accounting  tab in 'Exch.rate-acct' fetch Exchange rate by F4-Get Exchange Rate (60) and save.

Now irrespective of date of creation-posting of invoice, system will pick exchange rate '60' for both header and item same as that of in Sales Order.

B) If business call is like exchange rate should be fetched according to billing date but not order date, in this situation maintain copying control from delivery to billing VTFL for item level and set 'PricingExchRate type' = 'C' Exchange rate determination according to billing date

Now in invoice both exchange rate i.e. header and item will be same fetched according to billing date e.g. 61 in above example.

Regards,

Switesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

With Regards

Bhikshapathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this

Reverse your billing document, go to the sales order

GOTO - HEADER - ACCOUNTING

Fill in the item exchange rate in the exchange rate field.

When billing it would overwrite the billing date change of the exchange rate.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhikshapathi

Three exchange rates you can find in billing document. They are

VBRP-KURSK = Document currency for Price determination which depends on the setting of TVCPFLP-PFKUR in copy control

VBRK-KURRF = Document currency for FI postings. If you input manually in sale order field VBKD-KURRF, it is copied to above table / field. Otherwise, this will be determined during invoice generation

KOMV-KKURS = this is for local currency at Price condition level which will be determined based on pricing date.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for explaining the data flow of exchange rate at different levels of documents.

Still My querry remains unresolved. The Exchange rate of VBRK-KURRF = Document currency for FI postings is not same as changed rate and it is getting captured from OB08 only. So the differnce between Billing document exchange rate and the accounting document exchange rate is still there.

Kindly guide me how to get the changed exchange rate in VBRK-KURRF field instead of the rate maintained in ob08.

With Regards

Bhikshapathi