cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitoring of materials used in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we use projects for construction projects..

at start of projects, we have list of all materials needed for the project (from estimating department)

during the project, materials and qty have changes due to variations and wrong estimates

at the end of project, the actual materials used is different from initial estimates..

now what i need is how to best maintain/monitor/track the materials at the beginning, during and after the project in terms of variance and change in materials and quantities..

any input would be appreciated..

thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have two plan versions- one version which is original estimate as recieved from Estimate department. Another plan version will be the running version always. Both of these versions can always be compared with each other as well as with actuals.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

unfortunately plan versions only cover the costs/amount..and not the quantities

however what i need is to be able to compare the quantities and price of each material component used..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried CN52N?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, however CN52N only shows the quantities that are required for the project,

you cannot compare with previous requirements etc.. since it only shows the present quantities..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh

I understand your response on the plan version, but rather than a plan version, have you considered a project version.

I have used this technique before when I want a snapshot of the project at the time of release so that I can compare changes to the dates at time of approval (effectively my baseline) against the current scheduled dates as the version dates would not be able to be changed or rescheduled.

I did not have material ordered from projects so I cannot say whether the material/price is also captured in the version snapshot.

You may need to develop custom reports to read the project version that is stored to compare against the current active/operating version.

Regards

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello stuart,

thanks for the input..

actually project versions can capture the data.. i tried that but its necessary to customize reports since the available reports are not sufficient...

also using project versions is something like an indirect approach.. i'm trying to find a way (if possible) that has a more direct approach.. im thinking something like using BOM instead..

other inputs are most welcome..

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use PROMAN if you are running 4.7+

tx CNMM

Former Member
0 Kudos

cnmm is insufficient just like cn52n since i cant compare initial estimated required qty versus final required quantity.. it only shows the present/real time requirements..