cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output for Invoice (both email and printout) ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Would be able to help me out to fulfil this requirement ,

My client requires output for customer invoices (RD00 and ZRDO) via Email and printout depending upon each customers requirement .

e.g. out of 1000 customers 500 may need print out and rest 500 emails.

FYI : Invoices are created in background program

Please guide , it's possible ??if yes what are the steps involved to achive this requirement.?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

former_member201147
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Configure each output type to be able to go by email and by print. I'm assuming you know ahead of time which customers you want to get email versus print. Create a condition record for every customer. In the condition record you will enter the email Medium for those customers getting email and the print Medium for those customers getting a printout.

If you don't want to create a condition record for every customer, then you can utilize fields in the customer master that are available for you to put whatever values you want in them. Choose a field to use and add 2 values to the field. One for print and one for email. Update this field for every customer master record. Then you have to create a new output condition table that would include the field you chose. Then you only need 2 condition records for each condition type. Does it make sense? I have used this functionality in the past and it worked fine. Go [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/9b/e82c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm] if you don't know how to add fields to the field catalog to be available for creating output condition tables.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amod

This was the same requirement from our client also i.e. if we maintain e-mail id in customer master (sales order/billing Partner data) then output should trigger through e-mail otherwise Printout will come.

If you have the same requirement then for That particular output type i.e. ZRDO maintain Communication strategy as INTERNET/PRINT/FAX.

Revert if u require more info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bheem ,

Thanks for help ,

Could you explain in detail , how you have done that ?

I have to maintain both outputs for both i.e. print or email as per customer's requirment.

Even if you could guide me for one RD00 , I could do the other .

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amod

I don't know what is your requirement. Please specify the condition which determine the output process type i.e. print or e-mail.

Otherwise Goto :

Sales and Distribution > Master Data > Basic Functions > Output Control > Determine Communication Strategy

In this section, you define the sequence in which the system should search for communication methods in the case of transmission medium 5 ("send externally") for the specified address. You can define the address and communication methods in Business Address Services, therefore specifying a communication strategy

Here you create new Zstrategy with Communicatiopn type as INT(E-mail) /LET(Post(letter)) and assign this to your condition record as VV11.

It is SAP standard, so by this Zstrategy first it will check for e-mail id maintained in sales order header SP, if e-mail id is not maintained then it will go for a print automatically.

Revert back. please tell me ur requirement means on which basis print or mail should trigger.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Define RD00 as the print O/p & ZRD0 as mail O/p. In the O/p type definition in transmission medium select print o/p for RD00 & External send (email) for ZRD0. In the default vales select "send immeiately while saving the application" option. This will trigger the O/p immediately after saving the billing doc.

In the O/p control prog of ZRD0, write a code sothat the system picks the mail address mentioned in the bill-to customer master to trigger the mail.

Define the access sequence for both as sales org / bill-to for eg.

Maintain the required bill-to details in the condition records. Also maintain the required printers for RD00 in condition records.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivanand ,

Thanks for reply , sorry for confusion let me clarify ,

RD00 should be sent to some customer via Email and some print out and ZRDO has same requirement.

I hope this would clear my question .

Is it possible and how ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

But how are you going to distinguish which customers will get the mail & who will get the printput?

If there is some field to decide that, then we can write a code to trigger the O/p accordingly.

As far as I know there is a field called "Standard comm.type" in customer master. If the customer has to receive mail then maintain Remote mail. Else maintain Printer.

In the O/p control prog, write a code where the system checks for the value in the field. If it is Printer, the relevant condition record is to be caled & printout is triggered. If it is Remote mail, then trigger it as a mail attachment.

If it is remote mail, then system shoud refer the mail address maintained in the bill-to, else it should refer condition records for print O/p.

In either case, as a functional consultant you have to define the form layout giving the field mappings to the ABAPer.

Regards,

Sivanand