cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI or SM58 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got a simple scenario : file -> xi -> idoc (R3).

My IDOC Adapter is based on a destination RFC (classical) and for testing the error management of the IDOC Adapter on XI, i put an invalid user in my destination RFC. So i execute my scenario several times it failed at each time !!! and here 2 cases :

1) In sxmb_moni my message is processed successfully but i have an entry in SM58.

2) In sxmb_moni my message is canceled with error (red flag) but i have no entry in the SM58. For me this is the best solution.

So why i have 2 cases ? Is it a problem of configuration ?

because i want only the case 2).

Regards,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I totally agree with your question, I really don't know the reson behind this weird behaviour, I'm also keen to know the reason now.

Can somebody help us ?

Regards

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Can you tell me what is the message you are getting in RunTimeWorkBench.

Sometimes what happens is that though the message is successfully processed the message might be failing at the outbound side. The reason might be that the adapters are typically in the adapter engine and sometimes it may not reflect in the SXMB_MONI which is in ABAP stack.

May i know what exactly do u get in SM58

Regards

Arvind

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

bad luck 4 u It s not a problem of configuration, more a problem of SAP design of monitoring.

The monitoring SXMB_MONI can only inform u about integration engine.

SM58 errors occur if a RFC destination does not work.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am agree with you normally i should have at each time an entry in SM58 but why sometimes i have got the error in the sxmb_moni at the integration level ?

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_METADATA</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>FM NLS_GET_LANGU_CP_TAB: Could not determine code page with ARS Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter FM NLS_GET_LANGU_CP_TAB</SAP:P1>

My RFC destination is wrong and i have got the error in sxmb_moni ???

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the same wrong rfc destination i've got

in sxmb_moni : <SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_IDOC_METADATA</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>FM NLS_GET_LANGU_CP_TAB: Could not determine code page with ARS Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter FM NLS_GET_LANGU_CP_TAB</SAP:P1>

OR

in sm58 : XIAFUSER IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS ARS 17.02.2006 15:57:33 Name or password is incorrect. Please re-enter

It's so strange ?

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

I was trying to simulate your case...

I got the error in SXMB_MONI only once the 1st time and the rest of the cases it has been the error in SM58...

Is that the case with you ? or you are getting either randomly ?

Thanks,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renjith,

In fact my case is more strange, i explain :

I have made 20 tests, the 5 first was in sm58 and after every error was in sxmb_moni !!! I have do that at the beginning of this afternoon and now when i try again every error go to SM58 ????? i'am lost.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent -

Are you specifying a Logon language for your user (in the SM59 destination)? If not, specify one.

Also, what SP level is your system on?

Thanks.

Jin