Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging Returns

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

My client,

Packing their Finished good in "Bins"- which has to be returned by the customer.

Here i create packing material with VERP- & at the time of dispatch will add finished goods into this packing material.

Once its reached to customer these bins has to return to the plant/client or else this would be chargeble.

How to achieve this?

Shall i use "Consignment process"- but i cant use this bcoz am selling finished goods to the customer- but only packing materials will be there at customer location until it returns ,still the property of company only

need ur inputs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP consultant,

You create material with material type VERP

You create packing material with item category group LEIH -Returnable packaging

Maintain stock for the returnable packaging material in your plant

Your requirement will get full filled.

You can monitor you Bins stock through special stock indicator V- Ret. pkg w. customer through MMBE transaction.

For more details please go through this SAP help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/560051545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

working fine

Configuration:

1- Packing Control by item cat

2- Define Packing material type

3- Define Material group for Packing Materials.

4- Define Allowed Packaging Materials

Master Data:

1- Create Material Master data ( Mat Type:LEIH) ,

In Sales General Plant data- tab/ Packaging Material data

Maintain ,

Material Group packing materials u2013

Packaging Material type-

Allowed packing weight or Volume

& Save

2- Create Material Master ( Mat Type:FERT)

In Sales General Plant data- tab/ Packaging Material data

Maintain ,

Material Group packing materials u2013

Process:

Create SO-

Create Delivery (wrt SO)

- Edit u2013 Pack

Enter the Packing material in u201Call existing HUu2019s or available for packing u201C u2013 upper section in the screen.

Now, select line item ( from u201CPacked Materialu201D section or lower section of the screen, or the material which has to be packed in)

Select the u201Cboxu201D- Pack

Now FERT will be packed into LEIH. Press u2013 F3,

You will observe that , packing material will be displayed as subitem/ 2nd line item.

Do the picking & PGI.

While Invoice creation, Packing material will not be copied into invoice,hence not billable as the stock is moving to customer site,s till the property of the Company.

Observe the stock overview-MMBE

FERT will be reduced from the main stock & LEIH will be still available, but in Ret packing stock.

When receiving this ret packing stock:

Create Ret.Packagin Pickup- VA01

Order type: - AT

Item cat group u2013 LEIH

Item cat u2013 LAN

Sch.line cat- F3.

Mov type u2013 622

Save the document & follow the same procedure with Returns Delivery u2013LR

& do PGR

Check stock overview-

Ret.Packing stock will be transferred from Ret.Packing stock to Unrestricted stock.

No billing will be issued to the customer, as stock will be coming back to the plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U can go with Returnable Packaging material.

Create the packaging materials as returnable item with their relevant item category determination.

The packaging material appears only at delivery level and it will not be billed.

If the packaging materials are not returned it will be issued.

Plz go thru this

Hi

Packing can be done in 2 ways 1) Manually as u did it by selecting in delivery and 2) Automatically

Automatic packaging instructions have to be written in pop1and pof1 with standard SHIP condition record determination has to be given.

Make sure of the following settings.

1. Go to *SPRO-

2.Logistics Execution-

3.Packing-Define packaging material types-

4.Select ur packaging material type-

5.In Plant Determination -Enter Plant proposed from the packaging material*.

&

there are two logics regarding generation of delivery items for packaging materials. You can check those two cases in note 831204.

case I)

=====

1) you should check transaction 0184 if a delivery item category is defined for the combination of your

*delivery type +

*item category group that is defined in the material master of the packaging material (should be 'VERP' in standard) -> in case of outbound deliveries it is defined under 'Sales' view of material master, -> in case of inbound deliveries the data in field 'General Item Category Group' is relevant under 'Basic data 1' view of material master) +

*the item usage 'PACK'

AND

2) you should check your settings for the plant determination of the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

====================

OR

case II)

======

1) same as in case I)

AND

2) check tr. 0vlk if 'Gen. pack.matl item' is flagged for your delivery type

AND

3) check your settings for generating delivery items for the packaging material in tr. vhar -> this should be 'A' or 'B'

Regards

Sujith

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can think about the concept of Retunable Packaging. The Bins delivered to the customer will be maintained as a special stock(as in the case of consignment) and they are billed only if not returned by the customer.

Thanks,

Ravi