cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have doubt regarding the returns process.

Order->Delivery->Billing->ReturnsOrder->Returns Delivery->Credit for Returns.

Here my doubt is while creating returns order what should be the w.r.t

ie.whether w.r.t billing or w.r.t order

what is the difference between these two(w.r.t billing and w.r.t order) and is this have any effect on other documents...

please help me...

with regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez

Return order can be created with reference to either Sales order or from Billing document.

Return order can also be created without any reference.

From this Return order, we create a Return Delivery and a PGR for this Return Delivery.

As your customer has returned the goods, so you have to compensate the Customer.

There are two ways for doing this.

Either you will issue a "Credit memo for this Return" OR you will replace the goods.

If you are issuing a Credit memo, then this "Credit memo for Return(RE)" is always created with reference to the "Return order" and remember, it is not created from the Return Delivery.

If you are replacing goods for this Return, then we create an Order " Subsequent delivery free-of-charge" (SDF) with reference to the "Return order" and from there a Delivery(LF) and no Billing as the customer has already paid for it.

So it may be "Credit memo for Return(RE)" or it may be "Subsequent delivery free-of-charge(SDF)", they are created with reference to the "Return order".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

thank you very much.

As u told that

"If you are issuing a Credit memo, then this "Credit memo for Return(RE)" is always created with reference to the "Return order" and remember, it is not created from the "Return Delivery".

then in VOV8 for RE,what is delivery related billing type.

what is the effect of this, as u told that we create credit for returns w.r.t returns order only.

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will find that field everywhere in OR, RE, SDF etc.

But it is true that,"Credit memo for Return" is created from "Return Order" only, not created from the Return delivery, that is why the copy control does not exist for "Return delivery" to "Credt memo for Return".

Therefore, even before the Return delivery or PGR is created also, you can create the "Credit memo for Return" as it refers to the Return order.

You just try to create the credit memo from the Return delivery, you can see it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

As our friend Sivanad Vishnu expalined in the above post that we can create credit for returns w.r.t returns delivery.

As per u r explanation we have to create credit for returns w.r.t returns order.

i am little bit confused.

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez

I have already explained it you the Return process thoroughly. You just try once and test.

We put our suggestions to the members' query and not necessarily we are always correct.

That is why you have to try these suggestions and see which one is solving your problem.

Still if you are not satisfied or your problem is not solved then you can request for more suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the cooperation to all SDN friends.

I am trying the scenarios.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the process u told is right but u need to take Billing as reff then only u can take return order.

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It is better to have returns with respect to the invoice.

This is because from normal order to invoice, there may be a difference in price carried in invoice. This is because there may be re-pricing done during invoice (this depends on copy control -> item level pricing type).

So invoice will reflect the correct pricing that the customer pays.

So when you create a returns, credit for returns will also be the same price which is on the invoice.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

1)I have another doubt regarding credit for returns.

while creating credit for returns(VF01),what should be the w.r.t.

i.e whether w.r.t returns order or w.r.t returns delivery(what is the difference in these two and what is the effect on other documents)

2)what is the delivery related billing and order related billing in VOV8 for document type Returns order(RE).

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

1) Reference your credit for returns w.r.t to the returns delivery. Possible reasons being that freight cost may be added in delivery, some items removed from returns delivery.

2) Order related billing is done for those cases where there is no physical delivery involved. For eg service items, text items, software packages etc. When you order care pack for your system or repairs for your items, you will pay service charge for the services rendered.

Regards,

Sivanand