cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Issues for same customer but different customer groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to have 1 customer with different customer groups?

Is it possible for 1 customer to have more than 2 different credit limit management?

If 2 customers are required, is it ways to block if 1 of the 2 credit limit is exceeded?

P/S: Currently, my idea is to use 2 customer codes to reference to each other annd do a checking on the credit limit.

Is there any easier way to do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sally,

1. As different Customer Groups have different number ranges, you cannot have same Customer Code for different Customer Groups. BUt if number range of the Customer Groups are same, then you can have one Customer Code for two different groups.

2. Now Credit Management is different from Customer Groups. You have 2 (ir More) different Credit LImit Management for 1 Customer Code. You can do this defining multiple Credit Control Areas. Thus you can have multiple credit limit management data (for different Controlling areas) for a single Customer.

3. I feel Creating 2 Customer Codes is not a good idea because your Accounts receivable would give a wrong picture...

Hope the above helps...

Give points if Useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am going to create 1 customer code with 2 credit limit managements, then how does the customer know which credit limit they are using when they create SO?

P/S: The 2 credit limits are meants for different purposes.

When one of the credit limit exceeded, they want to block both account.

By doing so in the credit limit management, will the SO auto-block or there is still checking logic required?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can have 2 credit master datas and customer groups if the customer is existing in 2 different sales areas(Sales OrgD.ChannelDiv).

System will intially check the credit control area based on sales area then the company code.

IMGENTERPRISE STRUCTUREASSIGENMENT-SALES AND DISTRI----ASSIGN SALES AREA TO CREDIT CONTROL AREA.

Based on the sales area we can have different credit limits for each sales area.

hope this will help u.

Regards

Sujith.