cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open quantity in Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAPer,

in deliveries, every item has a delivery quantity and an open quantity. SAP explains the open quantity as "The quantity of the item that remains open for delivery. The open quantity includes the delivery quantity in the delivery that you are currently processing. The quantity is expressed in sales units."

here's the senario,

i created one delivery for a sales order with one item and 20 ton:

no matter i enter 10t/20t/40t as the delivery quantity in delivery item, the open quantity remains as 20t and never change after both just saving the delivery and PGI.

so my question is, will this open quantity in deliveries change and if so, how?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Pls see the below definitions:

Open order quantity: Quantity for hwich order is created but delivery is not yet done

Open delivery quantity: Items for which delivery is done but not yet invoiced.

Open invoice quantity: Items for which biling is done but invoice is not yet cleared / payed by the customer.

So in your case, it shows open delivery quantity even after PGI is because may be the billing docs are not yet generated for the delivery.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sivanand

i have invoiced the delivery by VF01, but the open quantity in the delivery is still not changing.

any more ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Are all the items in the sales order delivered & invoiced?

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sivanand, i'm sure that there's only one item in the sales order and it has been delivered and invoiced.

is it just happened to my case or all over the place?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have concluded that the open quantity in deliveries equals to the currently processing quantity in the delivery plus the real open quantity that havn't been delivered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael:

Pls look at this example,you can get the answer.

You create a sales order item for 100 pieces. During delivery processing , you create three separate deliveries that refer to this order item.

1. Delivery #1 has a delivery quantity of 40. The open quantity is 100 pieces (the quantity still to be delivered, including the 40 pieces you already entered for this delivery item).

2. Delivery #2 has a delivery quantity of 50. The open quantity is 60 (the original delivery quantity of 100, minus 40 from the first delivery , but including the 50 you are currently processing). In the first delivery, the system adjusts the open quantity from 100 to 50, to account for the delivery quantity in the second delivery.

3. Delivery #3 has a delivery quantity of 10, to complete the original delivery quantity of 100. In the third delivery, the open quantity stands at 10 and the system adjusts the open quantities in the first and second deliveries to 40 and 50 respectively

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before process the order u can check in co09 or mmbe.thaen u can proceed fother.

regards,

venkataswamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

When you check the items in the sales document, only focus on the open item is not enough, you should double check the item's column "Confirmed Qty" also. If new items' "Confirmed Qty" is blank, so your open qty will not be changed after saving the sales document!

For this case, firstly check your stock, whether you have enough quantity in your stock? Otherwise you new items can not be confirmed at this time; in other ways you can deactivate the function of availability check in your system, then new items will be confirmed automatically!

Good luck!

Z.T