cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use the MessageArea in a Popup window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently using Pop ups to show a new view when a user presses a button on the main view. My problem is that when the pop up view generates an error message, it uses the main view's message area to show the error.

How do I code the error message in such a way that the error will be shown on the pop up view instead of the main view?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

let say for two message area you have to declare two Context attribute of type boolean with read only property as true.

Bind these attributes to your Msgarea enable property.

Check Ravi's reply which is marked as Answered in the following thread:

I think you should give it a try

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks a lot! I managed to work this out with your solution.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that MessageArea Ui elements Readonly property is set to true,And only one Message area is enable at the same time.

Correction:

Context attributes readonly Property should be set to true

which are being used for enabling and disabling MsgArea.

Siddharth

Edited by: Siddharth Jain on Nov 11, 2008 8:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the property is set to ReadOnly, it means that I can't modify the value to set it to enabled right? How do I say, which message area should be used in this case?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can also the try the following way :

Use a image (for warning ,erros icons..) with a text view in the view which is popped..

Set its visibility to true when u wnat the error/warning/exception to be displayed set the text view with the correspoding error message.

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Try the following approach and see if it works.

create two context value attribute of type boolean and bind the enable property of both the message area to both the context.

in the wdDoInit method set one message area enable property as true,for other keep it false.

Now depending on the error message nature enble the respective Message Area and disable the other one.Before reporting the exception.

make sure that both message areas should not be enable at the same time.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angelo,

In a prticular application, in an active View Window, there can be only 1 message area.

When you open the Pop-Up Window, u need to have only 1 enabled Message Area on the Pop-up View.

Hence, following can be done:

1. Create Message Area UI element in the Main view and one in the Pop-up view.

2. When you open the new pop-up window, disable the Main View Message Area.

3. Finally, When you Destroy / close the Pop-up window, Enable the Main view Message Area.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alka,

Thanks for replying! I tried doing your suggestion, but it seems that it doesn't work.. I think it disabled both the MessageUI Element... Would you know why this happened?

Thanks!

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following Threads:

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try the below process,

in pop up view use the MessageArea Ui element ?

Regards,

ramesh