cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best solution for SAP Data exchange ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a Web based App that needs to exchange data with various SAP system of different Levels R2 R3 etc. What is the best product to use. I read of Net Weaver but my understanding is this only works with Newer Versions of SAP. We have Biz Talk Server installed , my expertise has been on a Unix Platform exchanging I DOCS or (Mainly EDI) this is new to me any suggestions or would someone recommend a better product.

Andre'

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u already have Biztalk in place, then it could be very well used as the middleware to connect your applications and systems. As u said, u don't have SAP systems, then better to stick to ur older middleware product instead of purchansing a new 1. Also with XI, for EDI communication you have to either purchase third party connectors separately or perform complex developments.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

SAP XI --> Can exchange Data with --> SAP -- SAP

SAP -- non SAP (Vice Versa)

non SAP -- non SAP

So it would very well fit into u r landscape.

If u r using SAP below WAS 6.20 u can go with RFC r IDOC

If u r using WAS 6.20 and above u can go for Proxies or traditional IDOC / RFC method

Seeing u r Systems around u can communicate with SQL 2005 too with the help of JDBC Adapter by installing appropriate jdbc drivers.

u r Visual studio can make use of the WEBSERICE created by the XI to communicate.

So XI can be center point for all u r interfaces in u r landscape.Best choice

rgds

srini

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NetWeaver Product from SAP. XI/PI comes under this umbrella

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Andre

SAP Netweaver XI is a good tool based on open standards.

Web based application can be integrated using SAP XI/PI to SAP but yes it works with higher versions where WAS 6.20 > is implemented.

If you are not have plans for near future for upgrades of your landscape you can think of Web Sphere or IBM Data stage as well. They come with built in SAP integrators which work with R2, R3 as well. But up gradation is a key to improve productivity and reduce TCO.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

Our application is not SAP so what product would i have to buy (ie NetWeaver) my platform is Wind0ws 2003 Server with Dot Net and Sql 2005 , Development is done in Visual Studio 2008 C#.

Is this something i can purchase from SAP , what's the learning curve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

PI 7.1 is the right one under Netweaver stack for any integration between SAP & Non-SAP, SAP & SAP and Non - SAP & Non - SAP

.Net suite interoperability is provided using Duet. But its not mandate to have Duet. You can rely on Web services architecture and move towards SOA implementation in your landscape.

Have a look at this.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0ed3b8c-698c-2a10-fbaf-b1df0c82...

Learning curve will be

Some TBIT 40 to 44, 50 and e-learning available on SDN.

With this excellent contributions have been made by SDN members as Blogs, Articles.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Gaurav

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

exchange data with various SAP system

To exchange Data b/w SAP system XI would be good choice, you can exchange data using RFC or IDOC.