cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable number of document info record parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question about adding additional information to document info record.

The situation is following:

Our customer wants us to link original purchase order (PDF file) with it's document info record in SAP. The document itself is stored in another document management system and we have succeeded in linking this object with it's document info record in SAP.

He also wants to have some description data stored in document info record (date, description, name, etc). One odd requirement is copying information about cost centers and costs per each cost center from fields in document management system to some fields in document info record.

The problem is that each purchase order can have various number of cost centers and costs per each cost center!

So, is there any possibility to define some fields in document info record to which I can store variable number of parameters (for example in one case 3 fields, and maybe in another case 1 field)?

Any kind of information will be valuable for me!

Thanks for help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aby,

But my next question is how can I know how much cost centers will be for some document? If I need to define number of cost centers in advance, then this solution is not very flexible. The best solution would be if I could add values to classification flexibly (for example: one time 3 values and the other time 1 value).

The other question is about values of parameters. For each cost center I need to enter two values (cost center number, and costs for that cost center). So, for each cost center I need to add 2 values. Is that possible using classification?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my next question is how can I know how much cost centers will be for some document? If I need to define number of cost centers in advance, then this solution is not very flexible. The best solution would be if I could add values to classification flexibly (for example: one time 3 values and the other time 1 value).

:-Check box additional values in values tab of char. that will allow to enter flexible number of values any time

The other question is about values of parameters. For each cost center I need to enter two values (cost center number, and costs for that cost center). So, for each cost center I need to add 2 values. Is that possible using classification?

:-Create classification with chara. cost center, cost center value and check box additional values as above that will allow you to add values for cost center and cost center value.

Anirudh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. u can define multiple values for a corresponding Characteristic

U can tick mark additional values and the user can enter additonal values..

Also u have the option for giving mulitple values for a same CHAR

You have to work out whether to use Cost Centre as a CLASS or a CHAR..

Best solution for you wud be to give the following CHARS

1) Cost Centre Number :- Give different values and user can select from one or more of them

2) Cost :- Give different values and user can select from one or more of them

Assign these CHARS to a CLASS - Cost Centre

Hope this wud solve ur problem

Regards

Aby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karlo

For defining additional data , u can make use of "Classifaction".

Initially u have to create Characteristics and assign values to that. Then add the Characteristics to the Class value..

Step 1 : create CHAR -> CT04 -> Cost Centre1, Cost Centre 2 etc

Step 2 : Assign values -> 10, 100, 1000, wat ever

Step 3 : create a CLASS - CL01 -> Class1

Step 4 : Assign CHAR Cost Centre to it

Step 5 : User can put corersponding values to correspnding Cost Centres

Regards

Aby

Award points if u found this useful