Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapse - Expand View

Mmiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to implement a logic in Web Dynpro View to enable the user to collapse and expand the entire view, the same way we have in Web Dynpro Content Admin application where the user click in the arrow to right to collapse the Menu and then only an arrow to left is displayed so the user can click there to expand the view again.

How can I do it, what are the elements I can use to do the same thing, including the button appearance?

Regards,

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Mmiao
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help but I figure out how to do that by myself, the solution pop up im my head.

To do the same thing we have in Web Dynpro Content Adm I used a Group Element, inserted a Toolbar and two buttons with sapicon arrow images and the rest is just create actions to control the visibility properties.

Regards,

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could add a Tray as child of the root container and put the compete view layout inside that Tray.

Or if you want an arrow: use a LinkToAction and a container, in the action of the link, toggle the visibility of the container between VISIBLE and BLANK or NONE.

Use a calculated attribute for the image of the link that show an "open"/"close" icon depending on the current expansion state.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

What do you mean by "entire" view?

You can do that using a tray UI element if you are embedding a view in another view.

Regards,

Rajit