cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main workflow container elements not updated from sub workflow container.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have implemented N-step badi for approval process and for this we have activated one workflow which contains subworkflow .

During approval process , only the subworkflow container elements( approver list and last approver) getting updated with status and time.But main workflow container elements is not updating with these details.

Binding between main workflow and subworkflow is perfect. But reverse binding ( from subworkflow -> main workflow ) will take place once subworkflow is completely finished. But here we will require / need to pass some information from sub workkflow to main workflow when still subworlflow in process( before completed itself).

Please let me know is there any process / steps is required to pass values between subworkflow to main workflow ( binding is perfect).

Please let me the way how I can update the main workflow container from subworkflow container or from any step in sub workflow .

In subworkflow . we have loop of approvers and it will send workitems to approvers one by one.

Here i need to update Main workflow with the information like last approver and approver list with status and approved time.

So please suggest how Can I update main workflow container from subworkflow while subworkflow is still in process( subworkflow not yet completed).

Kindly reply me ASAP.

Thanks and Regards

Madhukar .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as what I know, it cannot be done. Contact SAP since it seems to be a std problem.

Regards, IA