cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Configuration - Set Directory Path for File Receiver Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a question regarding the dynamic configuration for the file adapter. Is it possible to set a directory path without a message mapping for the file receiver adapter? the problem is that I want to import a pdf document. this pdf document I want to store in a dynamic directory (depending on the filename). so I have to read the filename out of the dynamic configuration and generate (depending on the filename) a directory for this file. Is that possible without a message mapping? I cannot make a message mapping because the file has the pdf format and should not get changed.

best regards

Christopher Kühn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible

Use the ASMA for sender adapter. No need to any IR steps.

At receiver configure Variable substitution

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I use the ASMA (respectively the filename) for the sender adapter. After the pdf was imported into XI this filename is in the ASMA.

But what then??? How can I get this filename with the help of the variable substitution? and if I have this filename I have to change this filename a bit to generate the name / path of the directory.

Please explain it to me detailled

Thanks and regards

christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Try like this

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to use adapter modules, where you can create dynamic configuration without changing the payload.

See this blog:

Regards

Stefan

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File adapter supports Attachments. You might want to use a dummy file and take the pdf as attachment. In that case may be you can use dynamic configuration.

Search the forum for Sudhir Porumamilla Blog on this topic.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

but how can I realise it? If I take the pdf document as a attachment I need another interface for the message mapping for set the directory name in the dynamic configuration. How can I do this?

Thanks and regards

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately with what you want to do... to set the path dynamically the values must be taken from somewhere...So the way I see it it:

1: You must use the IR to create the necessary interfaces so that you can utilize variable substitution (taking values from the target payload) and just pick up the PDF as an attachment.

2: Look into using an OS script after the file has been dropped off to move it to a dynamically determined folder...