cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign multiple values during import process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created a imported map and want to assign multiple values during import process.

eg., during import process of a vendor master, i need to lookup the lookup table containing account group and vendor id. then for every single vendor add multiple values in qualified lookup tables.

ex: vendor table: V001

Voo2

V003

Account groups (lookup)

V001 A1

V001 A2

V001 A3

V002 A1

V002 A2

V002 A3

Qualified lookup table (Multilple account):

For V001 vendor non qualifier field is multilple accounts.

This tabe should store A1, A2, A3 for V001 during import process for V001.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

As far as I have understood your data model has a qualified table consisting of vendor no. and account group wherein your requirment is for every vendor there can be more than one account groups.

If this is your requirement then it would be better if you use look up flat instead of look up qualified to store you multi valued account groups.

The importing can be then like

a. Import the legal set of account groups.

1. Map the account group field

2. Map the account group values

b. Import the vendors and assign the vendors to various account groups from amongst the legal set of values.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

We can have in MDM both Lookup tables as well as Qualified lookup tables as Mulitivalued.

It means the lookup field will be able to store multiple values for a single main table record.

What is important here is to decide when to do use what?

As shown in your example:

Vendor Id should be associated with the main table and the different account groups as lookup.

As you want that for each Vendor record id can have mulitple account groups.

You can simple add the account groups in a multivalued lookup table.

This will associate each main table vendor id with a set of different account groups.

You can also put these in a qualified table but that would not be the eaiser way unless you have some other requirement too.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonali ,

How many Vendor ID's do you have, just thinking why it was made a lookup?

And Combining Vendor id with Account group is probably not a good idea if vendor Id's are too lot.

are there any qualifier in your Qualified table?

if account & Vendor ID are already there in Accounts look up & you don't have any qualifiers for multiple acounts table, then it makes sense to just make remove the qualified table 7 make that look up Qualified multi valued field multimple accounts in main table to a look up multi valued field and that should do.

But again if there is anything else to the design let me know.

Thanks,

-Sudhir