cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFCtoFTP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing following issue while executing the already mentioned scenario.

I imported the RFC from SAP system (as usual, it comes with one RFC.request and one RFC.response)

I mapped the RFC.response (the output of the RFC) to the target MT structure.

In ID, i linked the RFC (note that it was the RFC and not the RFC.response message) to the propper

routing.

CCs, RFC Destinations (Type T) are created as well...

Lately, i log on to the sender system and navigate to SE37, insert the input parameters and select the target sys RFC dest. The message did arrive to XI but the message is not the correct one. It is the RFC.request that gets into the system and so the mapping fails.

Could you please help me out on this? I need the RFC to send me the response data (the export parameters) and not the request ones.

I though it would have to be this way but now i am not that sure.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This definitely is not the way.

You need to call the RFC asynchronously, and hence you would firs need to follow steps as shown in this blog,

Next, if I understand right, you want the RFC response to be sent to the file. The question here is, how will you get this RFC response, In the report in your R3, you will need to populate, the RFC request call the rfc ( in the local R3 itself? ) , get the response and send this to XI.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Of course, it is an asynchronous scenario and XI is not requesting anything as it is SAP sender system that sends the message to XI.

From the blog you mentioned, I think that no work on XI is needed itself, right?

"Next, if I understand right, you want the RFC response to be sent to the file. The question here is, how will you get this RFC response, In the report in your R3, you will need to populate, the RFC request call the rfc ( in the local R3 itself? ) , get the response and send this to XI."

This is what i really need:

The program will call the RFC and the RFC will receive some input parameters (dunno where it exactly seeks them from), as a result, the RFC will send to XI the RFC.response message via its propper MI , (specifying the RFC Dest type T that was created in sender system) and the mapping will be RFC.response -> MT_OUTPUT_FILE.

Right now i am executing the interface in the system and manually introducing the input data..

Sorry if your answer was not clear enough for me.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is still other doubt here:

what happen if i have 5 RFC to FTP scenarios and i only use one RFC Destination (TYPE T) in sender system??

As they only point to one Program ID.... Are all the sender_RFC_CC executing at the same time once one of the interfaces is executed???

Or do i have to create one PID for each channel?

Best regards,

david

Answers (0)