Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SUPER User Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I want to ask a question. We want to implement the security suggestions in SAP Web AS Security guide. In section "Protecting Standart Users", it tells about the user group SUPER.

When I searched in the system there is no user group called SUPER. Are we going to create the SUPER user group manually?

Best Regards

Tolga AKINCI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Are we going to create the SUPER user group manually?

That depends on you. You can do this in tcode SUGR.

Unfortunately the group name was hardcoded in certain places using value 'SUPER', which in my opinion was (as hardcoding seldom is) not wise.

What works quite nicely is a naming convention, for example:

ZZZ9 - Standard Super Users.

ZZZ8 - Own Custom Emergency Users.

ZZZ7 - Standard RFC Users.

ZZZ6 - Own Custom RFC Users.

ZZZ5 - System Job Users.

ZZZ4 - Business Job Users.

etc etc.... keep going until you reach 'ZIMBABWE', in which case you should stop if you are using country names as user groups...

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Are we going to create the SUPER user group manually?

That depends on you. You can do this in tcode SUGR.

Unfortunately the group name was hardcoded in certain places using value 'SUPER', which in my opinion was (as hardcoding seldom is) not wise.

What works quite nicely is a naming convention, for example:

ZZZ9 - Standard Super Users.

ZZZ8 - Own Custom Emergency Users.

ZZZ7 - Standard RFC Users.

ZZZ6 - Own Custom RFC Users.

ZZZ5 - System Job Users.

ZZZ4 - Business Job Users.

etc etc.... keep going until you reach 'ZIMBABWE', in which case you should stop if you are using country names as user groups...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Protecting Standard Users" - protecting SAP* , DDIC ( and probably EARLYWATCH) IDs which are super users default by SAP.

I agree with Julius, however we have created SUPER group in our implementation and it works fine.

Regards,

Zaheer