cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI/PI: Problems Importing Repository Objects

Former Member

We recently patched our sandbox XI/PI system (SPS11 to SPS15) and had some trouble with some mappings. After making changes to the message mappings to try to correct them (unsuccessfully) we decided to delete and reimport the affected objects from our development system (not patched). We didn't have any issues with the import process, all appeared to work fine. However, since doing this the objects do not show up in the repository through the object browser. The only way to see them is to go into the transport navigator and find them that way. We are able to test them there but not to edit them, etc.

Clearly they are in there. Has anyone got any ideas for what we can do to make them show in the object browser? Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil!

The reason for not being able to edit the imported objects may be that the "original maintenance system" for these objects is your dev system. you have to change the properties of the objects in your sandbox system to be able to edit the mappings.

concerning the invisibility in the object browser i would suggest you to open a csn at sap service marketplace. that is very strange ....

Regards,

Volker

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are probably right. Still it would be nice to have some means of recovery. Our DEV is at SPS11 while Sandbox is as SPS15.

I believe we have found a workaround though. It seems we can COPY the objects we need from the transport view, although we then have to rename it. It isn't perfect since we have no way of deleting the newly imported (and unaccessible) object. So we have to live with the renamed objects. I guess after patching DEV we will have to go back and reimport to try to clean this mess up.

I am still interested in anyone else's input on other methods to get this right.

Phil

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the SWCV. Does it have all objects are original objects and modifiable selected?

Also, check if by any chance there is some conflict in the import, if yes, you would need to manually resolve this conflict.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the SP level of Dev system? I guess it will be lower than Sanbox.

I think this is due to SP level difference.

Regards,

Sarvesh