cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Support team,

We have a requirement where we donot want to consider dependent requirement on particular material. In SAP R/3 we have feild in MRP4 tab, MRP.dep.requirement. We want to drive our production from forecast only. This product is part of component list of other FG. If order is generated of FG. It gives dependent demand on item. We do not want system to generate planned orders for dependent demand.

Requesting you to let me know if any option for the same available in APO.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Please try in anyone of the options

1) Check whether requirement strategy 30 works for your business

2) If you don't want planned orders for dependent demand at R/3 level, try deactivating integration model

for planned orders for those dependent products [In otherwords, create integration model for planned orders only for FG].

3) In OLTP config settings, maintain periodic transfer for planned orders and then through /n/sapapo/c3 t-code for change pointer, delete the change pointers for dependent planned orders so that the data wont go to R/3

4) Use abapper to write customised user exit to delete planned order for dependent demand once after planning run gets completes

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still left with the same situation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create your PPM without the components and you can run SNP location heuristic for your finished product and donot run anything for your components. This generates planned orders for finished goods but not for dependent components.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pankaj,

I agree with Venkat. Do not bring your dependent materials in APO. Maintain them in the BOM but do not bring them in APO so that even if the BOM explosion happens, there is no dependent demand generated.

You may even put the MRP type for your components as ND so that they are even not planned in R/3.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep