cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting MII 12.0 to iHistorian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to establish connection between MII and iHistorian. I have iHistorian 3.1 installed on a different server. Is there any other component that needs to be installed additionally on the MII server ?.

I am unable to establish connectivity between MII - iHistorian.

Has anyone done this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Proficy Historian 3.1 UDS should be appearing on Service Marketplace for download very soon (hopefully in the next day or so).

You can either install this UDS on the Historian directly, or run the Historian client sdk / api toolkit install on the MII server (assuming it's a Windows server of course). The UDS will assume vendor api information is already in place on the machine.

After that it should be as simple as pointing the Data Server to the listening UDS server/port.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

I see the XMII IHISTORIAN3.1 UDS 2.5 -> Win32 in the SAP Marketplace. Based on the previous email, are you suggesting that I install this on the iHistorian server ?

When you say 'run the Historian client sdk / api toolkit install on the MII server', should I install iHistorian on the MII 12.0 server ?. Not sure if this is 64 bit compatible.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer to SAP Notes: 1266447and 1266448

This is Windows 32bit, but in theory on a 64bit system it would run in some sort of emulation mode. In either case the UDS will require the GE based api/sdk as a precursor to the UDS installation.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos