cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to revert changes after Support pack installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am a newbie so please excuse me for asking this. I am wondering what will you do if the system becomes unstable after installing Support packages either it would be ABAP or JAVA. How can you revert the changes?

Please advise?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't remove or revert support packages. If things go wrong big time, then do your database restore. If you have only minor errors, then go ahead and fix them (or if you are lucky, SAP support fixes it).

Luckily most problems happen on DEV and QAS first, so you should be prepared for the PROD system.

Best regards - Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, very true.

That is why it is so important to apply first the SPs on a test system and do some serious non regression testing.

Be also sure that you have a successful backup of production before applying SPs...

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you do the database restore and SAP will pickup the restored database automatically? In other words- Are you supposed to do anything on SAP after database restore?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not have to do anything. SAP Will pickup your old things from the database.

V.....

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A DB restore will take your DB to the same state as it was at the time of the last consistent backup. after that theres nothing else to do.

regards

Juan