cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in webdynpro application using RFC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I have a webdynpro application where i use RFC to add a new customer to the database.I have used datacust and Uicust to do the corresponding coding.While running the application, values are not getting added from the front-end...giving an error "Error in adding customer".While i execute the RFC at R3 and enter new customer values,values are getting saved successfully.

I am not getting to solve the problem.Please do help out.

Thanks,

Parama.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting this error message from RFC? Ask ABAPer to switch on remote debugging and check i/p passed to the RFC and RFC o/p. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Apurva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leha,

Is this RFC expecting any mandatory parameters ? if that is the case make sure that you are sending the expected type mandatory parameter. (you can print a message on the screen and verify this)

If you are sure that you are sending the correct details to execute RFC, Please turn on the debiug session for the portal user in the backend and see whether the values are passing from the portal or not.

How to switch on Debug mode in the backend for the specific user:

Requirements:

1. Make sure the user id existed in Portal and SAP Backend.

2. Setup the debug mode for the user in the backend

3. Run the application from the portal

4. While executing the application from the portal , The backend stops the execution to debug, so from here you have to execute the FM step by step and verify whether you are getting the values from the portal or not.

Steps to switch on Debug mode in the backend:

Logon to ECC System>> To access the function module use SE37 tcode from the SAP Easy access menu>>Enter the Function Module name and click on Display>>From the SAP Menu click on Utilities>>Settings >>Debugging >>Enter the user ID to switch on the debug mode and Enter.

Now the user ID is switched on for Debug. Go to the Function module Source Code>> palce the cursor at the start of the soruce code>>From the Menu go to Utilities>>BreakPoint>>Set?Delete Break Point

This will set the break point for the mentioned user id and now you can veryfy the values on the backend.

Once you complete the debug process please turnoff the debug mode.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai parama laha

if the Rfc working at R/3 level .

You can check model binding and context binding attributes,

which are confusing that output , input nodes ..

And check the datatypes of the fields.in at webdynpro and at R/3.