Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Coding for RFC inputs

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to ABAP coding. I use the WebDynpro ABAP . In that I need to call a RFC and get the data into the portal. I need to pass some input paramer to RFC. How could I do in the ABAP programming ?

thanks

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

What you are asking is a not a wdbdynpro specific doubt but it is more related to abap.So i think you need to get some information about creating and using FM and RFC in abap.

Well i would just try to give you the steps that you should follow.

Step 1) Create a function module by using T CODE se37 make it remote enable i.e make it a RFC (you will ust need to check a radio button in properties tab)

Step 2) In rfc try to define the importing and exporting parameters and write your logic in the coding section.

Step 3) After creating RFC successully now u craete your webdynpro component and create a view inside the component.In view accrding to your business requirement you call this RFC in any of the methods i.e either in hooks methods or your custom methods .And pass the parameters to that rfc and get the results from the rfc.

Well i think i have just given you the overview of the process so while development if get any problem feel free to ask

regards

PG

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RFC's are done by ABAP person already. But I need to pass the input parameter to the RFC when executing it in webdynpro ABAP.

How to pass those parameter that I want to know ?

any help please

thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

to pass the parameters to the RFC created ,

chk for the parameters it is seeking as importing parameters.,fill those parameters in your Abap WD component even, may be a comp.contrller method..

using pattern->call function call the respective RFc and just pass the values to it..

this is how u can call the rfc in your comp..

revert back for issues,

Arjun.G

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can call an remote enabled function module in Web Dynpro ABAP using the "Service Call" concept. To create a service call, you have an easy-to-use wizard at your disposal within the Web Dynpro tools in the ABAP Workbench. Try go through this [link |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23fd600]where in they have explained along with screenshots as to how you can call BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST from your Web Dynpro component & pass data in between them.

Regards,

Uday

sureshmandalapu6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uday,

The link you have given is not using any input parameters for the BAPI. I need to send some input parameter by taking from user inputs .

how to do it ?

thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create your FM as Remote enabled and when calling inside the web dynpro, give destination parameter also. In web dynpro define the importing structure which will get the data back in web dynpro.